Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting for about 5 years, and I was recently introduced to competitive 3-D archery. I fell in love with it and would like to purchase a designated bow for competitions, so I don't have to change my primary rig. I am looking for a bow under $800, and a sight that will do the job and not break the bank. And suggestions are greatly appreciated!

·
Marty in Badgerland
5,292 Posts
You can find an Elite Pulse in the classifieds and still have enough cash left to set it up nicely.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
depends on what you want as far as speed and feel. then arrows with the shaft diameter coming into play. the sight and pin size is the next thing to consider, .010 or .019, both have advantages. you can get everything you need in the classifieds here and save a ton of cash. there are a number of guys here who experiment with equipment and then unload it for a great deal.

I personally prefer speed bows, fat arrows, and .010 pins for 3d. hunting is a different setup altogether.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i've seen a few nice complete setups for around that price. a few hoyt vantage pro's/elites or contender elite's, mathews apex7's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am with K7TNT on this one. Strothers build multiple bows that will work for you. They don't really need to be new ones either. I shoot a Valour, but most of my other buddies shoot Infinitys or Inspires. But you need to shoot what works for you and your style whether you like the aggresive feel or a relaxed shot. Do not just settle for something, shoot as many as you can before your decision is made.

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
lots of great ones to choose from. i have shot the rytera alen z and at 36 inch axle to axle found it quite forgiving easy to shoot and plenty fast. try a few out and see what is more comfortable to YOU. figure out what specs you want (ata and brace speed etc) and try them out.

·
Archery Addict
5,658 Posts
Welcome to the great world of 3D.Your going to get so many different answers on this topic that its not going to be funny.My favorite 3d bow that I owned was an Elite GT500 I'm kicking myself in the butt for ever getting rid of it.I'm currently shooting a 2011 Hoyt Alpha Elite and its taken awhile to get used to it but it is starting to grow on me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts