Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Bear Last Blood Kuma, Fast Eddie Sight, Trophy Ridg Stablizer, G5 HeadLock Quiver,
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are in mid-July and I have decided to try a new arrow besides Easton. I have been looking at BlackEagle arrows but I’m not sure if that is what I wanna go with. Can I get some suggestions?

·
Registered
113 Posts
The only problem I’ve had with Black Eagles is re fletching them. While scraping the old fletching and glue off, I’ve had the carbon fibers come off with them.

·
Slinging Arrows
1,544 Posts
I'm a Easton fanboy...but I absolutely love my Victory arrows for 3D. Victory makes a wide selection of arrows.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Check out Arachnid Archery. New company doing some amazing things with an incredible line up of high quality arrow. PM if you are interested and I’ll give you a discount code!
Arachnidarchery.com

Reactions: Chadilac30

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look into victory arrows. I swapped to the VAP TKO this summer and have loved them so far. Was previously shooting the Easton axis 5mm

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I used to shoot Eastons. Now I shoot Victory VAPs and VAP TKOs--my favorites.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I started with GT arrows. Great arrows did everythihgvi asked of them, hard to go wrong with GT.

Now I use BE arrows. They do everything I ask of them and equally hard to go wrong with them. Wanted to try the micro shafts and wanted to have a lighter per inch shaft to help build my foc and weight up.

Haven't had a single issue with them, infact I have 2 arrows in my quiver at home that both took 5 hogs last year. New fletchings and new broadhead and a quick wash under the sink and they were good to go again.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Victory and also south shore archery has there own arrows that are awesome,pretty sure they are made by black eagle. I’ve used there arrows the last 2 years and love them. I got the boom slang arrows. When I checked them on my scale they where all within a grain of each other. They do great work there I think his name is Jerry. As long as he is there I will not use anything else. But victory arrows are good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Bowtech Revolt X
720 Posts
The only problem I’ve had with Black Eagles is re fletching them. While scraping the old fletching and glue off, I’ve had the carbon fibers come off with them.
I had the same issue with the Rampage’s. Now I’m shooting BE Spartans. I’ve refletched a few already with no issues. They were the same arrows I shot through my block target and they continued through my fence boards as well. I’ve been very happy with them so far.

I would like to try the victory rip tko arrows though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've shot gold tip pro hunters for years, never had a problem with them not performing.

As for combating removing carbon fiber when reflecting, buy some good arrow wraps and keep your arrows true.

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
I have tested many arrows on a Ram spine (tested for spine consistency and straightness):
#1 Easton made in USA
#2 Victory made in Vietnam
#3 Black Eagle made in USA
#4 Gold Tip made in Mexico
I suggest you watch Samuel White's YouTube video series on arrow cost vs quality
Victory would be my second choice, better quality and tougher than BE

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I have tested many arrows on a Ram spine (tested for spine consistency and straightness):
#1 Easton made in USA
#2 Victory made in Vietnam
#3 Black Eagle made in USA
#4 Gold Tip made in Mexico
I suggest you watch Samuel White's YouTube video series on arrow cost vs quality
Victory would be my second choice, better quality and tougher than BE
I know Black Eagle is based in the US but I thought they were made overseas? Either good company with solid products.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Another vote for Victory here. They can be expensive depending on model, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I get wild hairs and build a new dozen way more than makes sense. Ive shot gold tip, victory, beman, black eagle ,Johns Customs arrows, and carbon express.
All depends on what your intended build is. Light/heavy/small diameter, high foc
They all shoot well. Heavier gpi will hold up better than lighter gpi.
I currently shoot the arrows from John as they are a great deal and shoot as good as anything I have shot previously.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts