Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new broadhead. Ive had luck in the past but i like to tinker. I shoot a hoyt alphaburner 80lbs 2
30 inch draw firing an easton axis nano at 325 fps. Im looking for a broadhead to effectively use the power produxed. I practice to 100 ut wont shoot any game past 50, i supertune my bow before the season and i have no problems with mechanical or fixed- im actually looking for both. Id appreciafe any insight. Ive shot in the past most major brands and had success, last years succes i the deer woods ans and witb the turkeys, coyotes and rabbits im ojt of heads. I have a few left but im tryin new. The only thing is it has to be 100-125 grain. And a fixed head no less than 1 1/8 (i want a bloodtrail that a blind guy could follow) thanks for the help, Catfish

·
Registered
502 Posts
Magnus Buzzcuts

·
wannabtradguy
15,320 Posts
reapers or spitfires. I have tried a lot of heads and see no reason to try anything else.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Wac'em Triton's or Exits

·
Hucklebuck’s
13,991 Posts
for a big cut fixed blade big entry and exit wounds I don't think you can beat the griz tricks they tuned good for me with my alphamax
73lbs and the axis nano for expandable i like the wasp jack hammers they come in 1.25 or 1.75

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
If you want a good blood trail out of a small broad head, try the F-15 fixed blade by Carbon Express. They also fly great at long distances too. I shot a cow moose last fall at just over 70 yards and she didn't even make it that far before dropping. They come in either 100 or 125 grain.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Spitfire Maxx is the bomb, or spitfire edge.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Spitfire Maxx!!!!! Huge holes, scary sharp and very durable. Fly eaxctly like fieldpoints also!

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
check out the slick trick mags or the grizz trick 2

·
Registered
37,016 Posts
At those speeds I wouldnt go to big a cut unless its a mechanical. How about the Slick Trick mags if you want to stay with fixed. With that set up Id go with the 1 3/4" reapers...

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Magnus Stingers.

:izza:

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
with that poundage and arrow, a 125 grain Grizz Trick or Strykers

1 - 20 of 63 Posts