Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a new range finder for the upcoming season. I am looking for some good recommendations on models that will work well in the field. i dont want or need the most expensive and dont want the least either. Just one with good quality and easy to use.

Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Leica LRF900 with scan capabilities. It's one of the better rangefinders but there are a couple that are better. It usually runs $500 though.

TEXAS

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I have the bushnell compact 600 and the scout. The scout is so small, I love it! Both work great, but the scout is so much smaller it will help with the bulk while hiking around

GM

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
mossyoakguy said:
I just got a bushnell yardage pro 5-800 on ebay for 155. brand new and works great.
I would agree. Tough to beat for the money. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love my nikon monarch 800 too. Love the size and feel of it.

·
DefiantShooter
10,946 Posts
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout...

Just got it, very happy with it...............

·
Registered
623 Posts
Bushnell yardage pro scout. Compact and accurate with 6X lens. Have had mine for 3 years now and love it.

·
74,535 Posts
Nikon 440

Works excellant

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for all of your replies. Time to purchase another toy!

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Nikon 440 , got mine at Dick's Sporting Goods $ 179.00

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
I've used the Leica, various Bushnells....never tried the Nikon's though.

I got a Opti-Logic 120 on a trade here on AT last year and I prefer that to any that I've seen so far.

Middle of the road pricing, very durable and extremely easy to use.

I prefer this one because the eyepice has NO magnafication. The Bushnell and Leicas I saw I had a harder time finding the targets with the lenses in them. The Opti Logic is a lot quicker and easier to handle and use becasue of this I think.

Only CON I found was that the display is on the outside of the unit as an LCD opposed to being diplayed in the eyepiece but this has the PRO of being very easily read if your eyesight isn't the greatest.

I love mine and if it breaks I'll buy another.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Another one

Nikon 440. Got mine off ebay for $150 including shipping. Awesome size, lightweight. Easy to use. Smallest one available and Nikon quality. Look no futher.

·
Bowhunter
5,209 Posts
Happy with my Nikon 440. However, I paid more than $150.... :cry:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Nikon 440, nice small size to fit in your pocket and great Nikon optics. I checked mine with a surveyors tape and it was right on the money.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts