Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a bow and looking for a pro shop in SC, NC, or GA. I live in the Upstate of SC so somewhere resonable in SC, NC, or GA would be nice. Thanks

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
what part of SC are you in?

·
Registered
68 Posts
There are several in and around upstate S.C. The Totem Pole is in Union, then you have Southern Sportsmen located in Spartanburg. Then there is Norris' Archery in Shelby, N.C. I personally use the Totem Pole. It is owned and operated by a guy named Tommy Bell. I will drive 45 min to let him work on my bow rather than going anywhere closer. He has been at it a long time and there arent many out there any better than him.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I really like Doug Goins at the Southern Sportsman in Inman. He's worked on my bow a couple of times and is always busy. I've had nothing but awesome service from him.

I've heard the totem pole is great, but haven't been there yet.

The southern sportsman sells Matthews, Hoyt, Reflex and parker.

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
If I were you, I'd go see Todd Tongel at Norris Merchandise in Shelby, NC. His shop is right off of I85 near the NC/SC line. He carries Bowtech, Hoyt, PSE, AR and Martin (I think). Todd is TOP SHELF and knows his stuff.

His AT handle is [email protected] (I think that's it).

His shop is in the back of a furniture, hardware, clothing and supply store (the closest thing you'll EVER see to an old time "general store").

The archery dept. has tripled in size over the past two years and he just got the Hoyt dealership this spring. He's DA MAN! He is also the only shop in the greater Charlotte area that I'll let TOUCH my Bowtech Tribute. There are several dealers that are MUCH closer.... no dice.:eek:

I do all of my own work, but buy my Bows from Todd.

-ZA

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Greenville

if you are in the Greenville are and are looking for a Bowtech, go to Luthi's Pawnshop on Butler Ave. and see Tony Valentine. I dont know how he ended up there but he has a full service bowshop in the pawn shop. They also carry a huge selection of guns and hunting equipment from Lone Wolf tree-stands to LaCrosse boots. Tony is a great bowsmith and very helpful, will let you shoot any bow on the rack and set you up! Tell him Roy sent you:wink: Flingr

·
Registered
22 Posts
bow shop in Abbeville

Long Creek Archery in Abbeville on Hwy 72 just near Greenwood County Line. Owner's name is Greg, I have been driving over an hour for 9 years now, have great faith in him. And he will stand behind his work. Main lines are Mathews and Bowtech. This guy is a tuning genious. I have a dealer within 15 minutes of the house and wouldn't even consider changing. Of all the variables and frustrations in archery, this shop has been consistently a positive experience. Fair, honest, and top quality workmanship.

·
Registered
15,256 Posts
There jeffery archery in columbia SC off shop rd he carries several different brands have to check his web site thats where we got my daughter mathews genisis mini the service was great and he went above and beyond to help us out with the purchase

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'd pass on Totem pole personally, And head to Southern Sportsman. Doug, while busy is a true pro. If I had my choice of any in SC I would go to Jeffries in Columbia. Between Tom and Owen, you are looking at over 60 years of professional bowsmithing, Owen was Fred Bear's top designer for years. True pleasure to work with and have NEVER EVER heard of anyone who was less than 100% tickled to death with their service.
Catto

·
Registered
15,256 Posts
Catto you are right about Jeffry I went in there to get my daughters bow I had a limited budget at the time I told hiw what I would like to have and what I had to spend and he got me done just the way I wanted then went back a week later and got some new carbon arrows for her the service was excellent

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
You have Bucks and Bass in Anderson(Mathews dealer), J&S Gun Depot in Easily(Mathews and PSE) at least they where. J&S is where Doug Goins use to work before relocating to Southern Sportsman.The Southern Sportsman has Mathews,Hoyt and Parkers and Doug is a great guy to deal with. Lawson Outfitters in between Clinton and Laurens(Mathews dealer). There is another place in Pendleton(I believe) who is a Darton dealer, I have never been there but have just heard about them.Tony at Luthi's (Bowtech,Browning,PSE)knows his stuff but sometimes he is pressed for time as he is the only one there that does anything with the archery stuff.The Stone Brothers in Spartanburg are supposed to be an Elite Dealer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
totem pole

I gotta say I vote for the Totem Pole Tommy's a great guy. If they dont carry what you need they'll order it for you. The store number is 864-427-9543 or 864-427-9545 give him a call if your still looking around.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I'm in Anderson as well... I go to Hunter's Headquarters in Greenwood. They have everything you need, including instructions, indoor range, equipment, advice, you name it. I dont go to Bucks and bass much, as their archery stuff is VERY limited. Luthi's is good, but as was previously mentioned, the pro can be short on time nad hard to get in contact with. The archeryshop in Abbeville was closed when I went by, so I have no idea.

If you want to check out the shop in Greenwood, I would be more than happy to take on when I take vacation here in October. I'm going to have to get some stuff anyways.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts