Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where Can I Find A Ross And What Would You Recommend As A Set Up For One.arrow Rest Sight Stabilizer

·
Registered
555 Posts
I just bought mine and love it. You won't be dissapointed. I know a guy at a proshop that said he had three 334's left and he would take $75 off which would be $600. That's in Mississippi though. You could ceck thier web site for dealer listings in your area. On my Ross 334 I have a Spott Hogg Hog It, Trophy Taker Pronghorn, Vibrackeck Omega Stab, and a Ross two piece quiver. I am planning on adding an STS as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What kind of speed do you get out of your Ross? I was considering a 334, but was not sure how it performs in the 20 to 35 yard range. Is there a large difference on pin sighting?

·
Registered
555 Posts
If you are a speed guy then this is not your bow. I gave up my Trykon for this bow last thursday. Right now at 29.5" draw, 65lbs, 368grs, I am getting around 270-275. Today I shot out to 40yand was getting 3" groups consitently. My pin gap is reasonable about .25" on my 20-30-40. All I have to say is don't shoot alot of the same target at 20-35yds because youll either spend the night re-fletching or buying new arrows.

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
MLL3 said:
Where Can I Find A Ross And What Would You Recommend As A Set Up For One.arrow Rest Sight Stabilizer

Right now I have three 334s and three 331s in stock and am expecting three 337s. I would like to sell you a bow but I would suggest looking at your local dealers in Wisconsin. Here is a link to the Ross dealers there:

http://rossarchery.com/ross-archery6.html

As others have stated these bows all have IBO speeds around 300-305 fps. they are consistent and accurate shooting machines and are a very well built and thought out bow. As for setting it up what do you want to do with it? If this is a hunting bow then the current trend points to either a Whisker Biscuit or a fall awat rest of sorts. I personally have both and don't feel you can go wrong with either. As for a stabilizer for hunting I would go with the Doinker or the S-Coil. And now for sights... To me you just can't beat the customer service and quality of a Sword sight. I would look at the Apex Twilight Hunter. It comes in camo or black with your choice of pin sizes. Check them out at: http://www.swordacusite.com/products.html#

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have the 331 with a sword twilight hunter,s-coil stab,wb deluxe and could not be happier.For a hunting bow I don't see how you could beat it.This bow has given me less tuning problems than any bow I've ever owned.It flat shoots.I shot it about 100 times,put a twist in the string to time the cam and your done!I've shot this bow hundreds of times and nothing has moved yet.My peep lines up EVERY time and it's a tack driver with fp's or bh's.I've owned several bows over the years and none of them stack up to to this ross.I suspect the premium grade strings are a big part of this but nonetheless,it's a great deal for the money when you consider what some of the "other guys" are charging for bows that have inferior standard equipment compared to the ross line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts