Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that I am going to learn more about my bow and bow tuning. I have constructed a draw board and bought a middle-of-the-road scale on Amazon. It is complete Junk. It is digital and it goes to sleep in the middle of recording my draw cycle poundage. Sometimes it "locks" onto a value and does not change. I have read the instructions and my conclusion is that it is indeed garbage.

Any advice on a reliable brand? It does not need to be digital or fancy. I just want to use it on my draw board.

Also, I bought a simple bow level. The arrow level works fine but the string level is radically off. not talking about how it does not attach tightly to the bow string. It, too, is garbage. Any ideas or should I just use a small construction style spirit level.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The plastic RS bow string level isn't precise. I have had decent luck with the HTM and Hamskea bow string levels.

Lefty archer in the PNW

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
For scales, I've gone through some mid range digital scales that worked ok, but didn't last. My current one is the Klau OCS-L scale. So far so good, it seems sturdy and will let me set it to lock on max to get draw weight, or not, to measure holding weight.

Lefty archer in the PNW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts