Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm basically a novice, and have a question. I shoot a Buckmaster G-2 with a whisker buscuit and Toxonics 3 pin sight. I think it's a great hunting rig, but recently went to my first out door 3-D shoot and got spanked. Now I'm looking at putting a HHa OLE 5000X sight on my bow with a 4X lense. My question is, I've never shot a sight like this and don't know anything about the lense's that come with them. Is this a good sight for 3-D and hunting? and will I need to get another arrow rest? (I love my whisker buscuit) to shoot with this sight? Any advise would be great! Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You will have to get used to the 4x lens. They are generally put on target bows and not hunting bows. You should not have to change rests.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
glass is great for 3d but not for hunting, you can shoot that site without the glass in it for hunting and with the glass in for 3d but you will need different pin locations as the glass distorts the distance as compared to open sites. I have two sites that mount on the same bracket, one with glass and one without. It costs alittle more but I can interchange any time I want. You have to site in those two sites seperately because the marks will be different Not only that but alot of places won't let you shoot "hunter division" 3d with the glass in. Hope that helps, good luck.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
True, most hunters class 3-D's do not allow optics. If you get the 4X lens you will need to experiment with various sized peeps to get a clear veiw of the target and a crisp fiber optic image at the same time! The Tru Peep-large works very well for most folks. If you can't clear up the image you may have to look into using a super peep with clarifier to clear image! Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts