Archery Talk Forum banner

301 - 320 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I haven't really looked into a locking system yet. But will start looking soon !
The reason I have so much money in it is several different reason ! I bought several things to upgrade everything on this bike except the tires and rims as I bought it used for $200. I replaced the nylon gears in the motor with the new upgrades made of metal so I didn't strip them out when I'm in the back woods with the bike ordered in the Hot Rod mode ! I also bought the program cable so I can set it where I want it. The battery was $800 plus $50 for shipping and I bought a good charger ! I got the gear sensor and the hydraulic brake sensors. I have $350 in my brakes and rotors, bleed kit and tools required to fix it all. I bought 3 different mud shovel fenders. I bought the upgraded 860c full color display which reads true up to 60v. A new seat and suspension seat post. New derailer, cassette sprocket, chain,7 speed Shimano shifter, Ibera rear bike rack, New kickstand, New comfort tech grips, I also have a basket, small cargo net for the basket and handlebar bag for tool kit on order. Like mentioned above I rebuilt the whole bike myself so I know every little nut and bolt on it and have the tools to fix anything that I need to now !! Plus I know myself that everything I put on this bike is very top notch parts

Reezen you are correct about the display ! I'll let you know about the seat post after this weekend !!

Beendare you will love the brakes !! I bought the metallic pads with mine and the 4 piston calipers for good stopping power ! Good luck with your build buddy and if you have anything you come up on that you can't figure out we are here to help you ! Just ask !

I'll give you guys an update on how this bike works after this weekend !!

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Has anyone tried out a bike by Recon or Himiway ? Recon commando looks like a decent bike. Thinking about that or a Biktrix Juggernaut classic.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,021 Posts
I may have missed it...is your post in response to a question?

·
Registered
2 Posts
You'll likely get some "mine's the best " replies so look for what appeals to you. I have a Rambo 750 that pulls a 300+ lb man on the cart with ease but that may not happen on steep hills. The 1000 watt motors will have more power but may not be legal in some places. Mid motors have very good torque but you will need to carry a chain repair kit because the bike is useless with a broken chain, where a rear hub drive can still be ridden with power. A front shock will be more comfortable as will a better seat.
I am just getting in to this and it sounds like I am about the same size you describe. Have you tried to pull a deer and yourself also with a Rambo 750?

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is what is needed to repair a chain. It fits right in with the other tools you should carry like a pump, patch kit, and multi-tool. While a hub motor may be exactly what someone needs, I wouldn't let the need to carry this tool affect the decision of what to get. IMG_8442.jpg

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I am just getting in to this and it sounds like I am about the same size you describe. Have you tried to pull a deer and yourself also with a Rambo 750?
My weight stays between 185-190 and the man I pulled on the cart weighs a bit over 300. The bike pulled him with ease but that was on fairly level ground and it may have been too much on a hill.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My weight stays between 185-190 and the man I pulled on the cart weighs a bit over 300. The bike pulled him with ease but that was on fairly level ground and it may have been too much on a hill.
Thanks for the info. That is what I needed! I am wanting to be able to drag a deer on a cart on flat farm ground and could not get an answer searching online.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have a Rambo 750 cart and I weigh in at 275 and drag my 200 pound buddy all over the place on our lease. Predominately flat land with some hills but it all gets handled well with my bike and cart combo.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Thanks for the info. That is what I needed! I am wanting to be able to drag a deer on a cart on flat farm ground and could not get an answer searching online.
If you load the deer so most of the weight is over the wheels you won't know the deer is there, but if you load with too much weight high on the cart it will make the front of the bike too light and hard to control.

·
Registered
8 Posts
+1 the Quietkat bikes are made in Colorado and have much better torque than the Rambo bikes. If you are climbing hills or mountains they will outperform the Rambo bike. I easily pulled 2 elk quarters on a trailer up hill last season. It was around zero degrees btw. I was surprised at how the electronics functioned at that temp.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Built my own. Call it the billygoat. Will climb anything. I've tried super steep slopes and the bike would have climbed if I was able to stay on it. 2000$ total. 700 for the bike used, 700 for the bbshd and 500 for the battery. DO NOT skimp on the battery and definitely do not buy one off eBay or Alibaba. It will almost always be fake cells and a fire hazard. Got the motor and battery from lunacycle.motor will max out at 1600 watts with the 52 volt battery. You need a 30 tooth chainring up front for mad torque.
Ricky

Attachments

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
+1 the Quietkat bikes are made in Colorado and have much better torque than the Rambo bikes. If you are climbing hills or mountains they will outperform the Rambo bike. I easily pulled 2 elk quarters on a trailer up hill last season. It was around zero degrees btw. I was surprised at how the electronics functioned at that temp.
How can that be?They all use the same Bafang motors.Other than that,gearing will make a difference but that isn't brand specific.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
21,869 Posts
This is what is needed to repair a chain. It fits right in with the other tools you should carry like a pump, patch kit, and multi-tool. While a hub motor may be exactly what someone needs, I wouldn't let the need to carry this tool affect the decision of what to get. View attachment 7180805
I have the bafang kit on a 29er and finally have my broken chain issues worked out.

FWIW, I wouldn't use those universal master links shown above that clip together.....the torque [and probably my significant bulk] snap those links at high assist on hills.

I'm using the Shimano XT chain with the solid link pins and those work.

_______

·
Registered
879 Posts
Who’s riding a Bakcou Mule? I just sold my Rambo and seriously considering going with the Mule.

For those who own one, what are the pros and cons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,021 Posts
Who’s riding a Bakcou Mule? I just sold my Rambo and seriously considering going with the Mule.

For those who own one, what are the pros and cons.

I had the opportunity to work with one for about a week...very nice, couldn't really say anything bad about it other than the price tag ($4700+taxes/fees) so if that's not an issue for you, go for it - you won't be disapointed...there are almost identical bikes available for significantly less money,,,,take for example the M2S Ultra ($3000+taxes/fees)....if you can't get your hands on either, do a side-by-side comparison on the web...you just might be surprised. I could not justify the extra cost for the minor differences...even considering Bacou throws in the rack, fenders, headlight and 2amp charger...the M2S Ultra has the same exact motor/controller/throttle/display, a better quality, longer run-time battery, the saddle on the Ultra is better, the seat post on the mule was nicer, the front brakes on the Mule are better, the Ultra has 44t cassette as compared to the 40 on them Mule, Ultra's chain is better quality....etc...

Check them out on their sites, you'll see...I did like the Mule, but not $1550 more (about the difference once fenders, rack, and headlight were added)

·
Registered
879 Posts
I had the opportunity to work with one for about a week...very nice, couldn't really say anything bad about it other than the price tag ($4700+taxes/fees) so if that's not an issue for you, go for it - you won't be disapointed...there are almost identical bikes available for significantly less money,,,,take for example the M2S Ultra ($3000+taxes/fees)....if you can't get your hands on either, do a side-by-side comparison on the web...you just might be surprised. I could not justify the extra cost for the minor differences...even considering Bacou throws in the rack, fenders, headlight and 2amp charger...the M2S Ultra has the same exact motor/controller/throttle/display, a better quality, longer run-time battery, the saddle on the Ultra is better, the seat post on the mule was nicer, the front brakes on the Mule are better, the Ultra has 44t cassette as compared to the 40 on them Mule, Ultra's chain is better quality....etc...

Check them out on their sites, you'll see...I did like the Mule, but not $1550 more (about the difference once fenders, rack, and headlight were added)
Awesome information! Thanks. That’s exactly what I was looking for. Well I ended up and pulled the trigger on the Bakcou Mule from ebike generation. Was the price stupid high? Definitely. I upgraded to the 21ah battery so that ran it up. I got the package that comes with the deer trailer and bags. It came in yesterday and I rode it around the yard. Can’t tell too much about it, but I think it’s more than twice the bike my Rambo was. I’ll more interested to see how well it climbs hills without struggling.

301 - 320 of 390 Posts