Archery Talk Forum banner

341 - 360 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
15,675 Posts
I don't know if you have a pickup but I put my bike in the bed during the winter so as not to get covered in road salt.
This was simple to make and works very well.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I watched a YouTube video of a guy reviewing his 1UP single and it looked rock solid with the Allen wrench lockdown mechanism that secures it in the trailer hitch. It eliminates all shaking of the bike when you’re driving down the road in the truck. It is pricey at over $400, but when you’ve got 5k in a bike, what’s another 400 I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will say this when your on a mountain road that allen wrench loosens up so you have to check it all the time plus you have to secure a strap to the hitch and the receiver just in case it loosens up you don't loose your rake and bike ! I'm using the 1 1/4" receiver because I modified my cargo hauler so I can actually install my cargo hauler into my hitch on the truck and then slide my bike rake into the end of my cargo hauler so I can haul a deer and my bike all in one shot !

·
Registered
879 Posts
I bought one last summer and I think it's a pos.
You’re right. This thing is a POS.... very disappointed. The bike barely fits on it and I wouldn’t trust to go to the mailbox and back.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I’m going back to my aluminum dirt bike hauler and ratchet straps.... best hauler for can buy and $140 on Amazon

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
23,933 Posts
I’m going back to my aluminum dirt bike hauler and ratchet straps.... best hauler for can buy and $140 on Amazon

Which one is that....

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,200 Posts
If anyone is looking to build one, I am thinking of selling my 2020 Vitus Escarpe VRS. It has mid-range components with a mix of Shimano XT and SLX and Fox front and rear shocks. After a couple of trail rides, I realized I am too old and fat for this. PM me if interested.

·
<------Reese
15,200 Posts
Perry24 How did you get your hands on a Vitus?
I bought it used from a guy locally. He bought it just before COVID broke out from Chain Reaction Cycles.

·
Registered
363 Posts
How hard was this to do? My wife and I have a couple late 90's Gary Fisher mountain bikes that were pretty good bikes back in the day I would love to convert over.
If you worked on your bike in the day you can put the motor on. If not a bike shop would do it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,675 Posts
Thanks! It climbs great and is fast and stable on the downhills.
They are nice bikes. My adult son got me back into trial riding last summer. It's about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. I'm old and fat too so why not go Emtb!
I got this last month on closeout. It's a 2019.

·
Registered
15,675 Posts
If you worked on your bike in the day you can put the motor on. If not a bike shop would do it.

If you have the right donor bike.
It sounds easy to say just throw a motor on a bike but there is more to consider than that.
1. Brakes..I personally would not want a bike with rim caliper brakes for an ebike.
2. If you are going with a hub motor you have to be able to mount torque arms so the motor doesn't pull your drop outs apart.
3. Battery mounting. Does your frame traingle have room and bosses for a battery?
Mounting a battery in a rack over the rear wheel is a bad idea.
4. What kind/size bottom bracket do you have to fit the right kit.

Sure all these things came be over come, people do it every day, but if you just buy a kit and try to throw it on any old bike you may go down a very expensive rabbit hole.
Ask me how I know!

·
<------Reese
15,200 Posts
They are nice bikes. My adult son got me back into trial riding last summer. It's about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. I'm old and fat too so why not go Emtb!
I got this last month on closeout. It's a 2019.
View attachment 7347789
Very nice! They are just so darn expensive though.

·
Registered
15,675 Posts
Very nice! They are just so darn expensive though.
Ya it was not cheap but buy once cry once, right?
I figured there is no price for quality out door time with the kid all summer.
I got my work wife into it as well so the three of us ride a couple times a week. It's a blast.

AND prices went up and there is virtually no stock!
I talked with a lot of shop owners they all said the same thing,
what's on the floor is what we have for the year. And there was nothing on the floor!
One owner said if you were not on the sheets the first week in January you would not be getting any stock until 2022!

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
23,933 Posts
Sounds like you may want to hold in to that Perry...might be as valuable as the MegaMillions ticket

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
1 Up is good

I own the 1 up but I would recommend the one that is posted from Amazon above ! I had already bought the 1 up before I saw the one on Amazon ! plus its only 1/3 of the price and has a ramp !

341 - 360 of 390 Posts