Archery Talk Forum banner

361 - 380 of 409 Posts

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,470 Posts
The guys in the local club have had several of the 1Ups fail in the..all citing problems with that Allen bolt...I have no reason not to believe them, but I don’t have any direct experience myself, yet.....

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I’m going back to my aluminum dirt bike hauler and ratchet straps.... best hauler for can buy and $140 on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have one of them as well.My son races Motorcross and I bought one because it's kind of a pain running one up a ramp because my truck sits pretty high.It works but honestly,it's a little sketchy.i'VE PUT MY m2s ON IT and it's still kinda sketchy because those big tires have so much give in them.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have one of them as well.My son races Motorcross and I bought one because it's kind of a pain running one up a ramp because my truck sits pretty high.It works but honestly,it's a little sketchy.i'VE PUT MY m2s ON IT and it's still kinda sketchy because those big tires have so much give in them.
It’s a lot less sketchy than than that Rambo hauler, lol. It’s terrible! I hauled my other bike on the dirt bike hauler last year. I never had an issue, but I tightened it up really good with the ratchet straps. Next best thing is probably hauling one on a tailgate cover. But it’s be rough getting the bike in and out of the truck bed every time.

·
24,470 Posts
Again the rack that is made by the TimberTrail guys was pretty nice...not sure where anyone can see one in person though...I don’t know the owner of the one I saw...

·
Registered
902 Posts
You can’t beat this hauler for the price.

·
Registered
902 Posts
It comes with a sleeve that secures the bike to the hitch to where there’s absolutely no wobble or bounce with the hauler.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
You can’t beat this hauler for the price.

Just curious if you have ever been pulled over by police for this? Had a buddy get pulled over and given a ticket. Officer said he couldn't see the plate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
24,470 Posts
Just curious if you have ever been pulled over by police for this? Had a buddy get pulled over and given a ticket. Officer said he couldn't see the plate.

Which State was that? Never have heard of such a thing.

·
Registered
902 Posts

No sir. When you’re direct behind the bike you can see the tag.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
No sir. When you’re direct behind the bike you can see the tag.

Ok thanks! Was just wondering.

·
Registered
10,952 Posts
It’s a lot less sketchy than than that Rambo hauler, lol. It’s terrible! I hauled my other bike on the dirt bike hauler last year. I never had an issue, but I tightened it up really good with the ratchet straps. Next best thing is probably hauling one on a tailgate cover. But it’s be rough getting the bike in and out of the truck bed every time.

Right the tail cover is nice. But a pain, especially have back issues. Looking for a good, reliable receiver hauler. Just a single is all I need?

·
Registered
10,952 Posts
The guys in the local club have had several of the 1Ups fail in the..all citing problems with that Allen bolt...I have no reason not to believe them, but I don’t have any direct experience myself, yet.....
What hauler do you use, recommend?

·
Registered
10,952 Posts
Joe, what hauler do you use,, recommend.
All I need is a single hauler.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Right the tail cover is nice. But a pain, especially have back issues. Looking for a good, reliable receiver hauler. Just a single is all I need?
You’re not gonna beat this for the price. Lightweight aluminum with a 400lb rating, it’s solid as a rock.

·
24,470 Posts
What tires are some of you guys running and are you adding liners/slime, etc..to help with punctures.

·
24,470 Posts
I want to go tubeless but it is very expensive once you buy rims and tires.

Almost all of guys in the club are running tubeless minions but man those set-ups (rims/tires) are pricey

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have searched for a cheaper alternative but, to my knowledge, there is no way to purchase that set up with spending 800-1000.

361 - 380 of 409 Posts