Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a good quality bow scale to measure peak draw weight. Holding weight measurements would be nice too but I don't care as much about that. It seems like everything that I come accross online has received a fair amount of poor reviews. Inconsistency seems to be the biggest complaint that I hear about. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, consistent scale? Digital would be nice but it does not have to be. Consistency and reliability are the main features I'm after.

I found this link from years ago: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=817831. It looks like the coffey bow scale and Pelouze 7710 were the most popular back then. But was curious to see what everyone prefers these days.

Thanks!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have good luck with last chance archery, & X spot digital scales from Lancaster Archery. Of those two I prefer the last chance archery scale. Both measure peak and holding weight but the LCA stays on longer before the auto power off. Hope this helps

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have good luck with last chance archery, & X spot digital scales from Lancaster Archery. Of those two I prefer the last chance archery scale. Both measure peak and holding weight but the LCA stays on longer before the auto power off. Hope this helps
Thanks for the input. I think I might try the Xspot scale. Worst case, I'll only be out $30.00.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I am thinking about trying the AWS (American weigh scale) TL 330 or 440. It seems to have mostly good reviews. I have a 100lb pelouz spring scale, and it is just too big and bulky to use anyway but vertical. It also adds 18"to the length of the drawboard, meaning if using it vertical, the bow is only about 6" off the floor. With the 330 or 440 lb scale, I can also put plenty of tension on my strings/cables when re-serving them.

Go

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just ordered a crane scale from ebay....Looks a lot like aws 330/440 scale. It had good reviews and was about $30.......
Jack

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the responses. I just purchased the American Archery Products M110 Scale for about $30.00. It was within 2 tenths of a lb when I checked it with a certified weight. And it was within 1/2 lb of one that my local archery shop uses. So as long as it stays consistent, that'll work for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts