Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a climber tree stand. I have only had the chance to climb 3 tree stands the Api Grand slam, Summit Cobra xls and Hunters view (to heavy). I really liked the Api and was wondering if there is any other stands that would be worth trying at at decent price ($200). I'm 6'8 about 180lbs. Thanks for all input

JR

·
Registered
555 Posts
Have you looked at the OL' MAn stands? They are pretty confortable and not too high.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Climbers

I think Ol' Man is out of business but there still might be some new old stock floating around. You mentioned the API Gran Slam and the Summit Cobra. These are 2 different versions of stands and you liked the API. What did you like about it? I believe you can sit and climb with the Gran Slam so if you like that style, try the Summit Viper or Goliath. The Goliath is labeled a "big mans satnd" because it is rated at 350# but what you will like about it is that it is 2 inches wider and that 2 inches feels like 6 inches. A new Viper will cost you around $230 and the Goliath $260. I have seen some deals on this sight on used stands though, Good Luck. Steve

·
Registered
555 Posts
I checked with them last week they are back in buisiness. They have a new Vision that wieghs only 14lbs!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guy's

Thanks Guy's
I take a look at them. Really wish i could climb one before I bought it. But I'll take a chance. JR

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
SUMMIT SUMMIT SUMMIT............

And if I didn't say it enough...............SUMMIT

Walleye REv.................

·
Michigander R.I.P.
5,490 Posts
You need to check out the equalizer climbing treestand. They are in the sponsor section here on AT. Do a search here in the bowhunting section. Member Snood Slapper did a review on it. But I couldn't find it.

I have had just about every climber out there. I will be using this climber for the 3rd year.

https://www.equalizertreestands.com/index.php

Get their free DVD, has a lot more info than the website.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Equalizer

I don't think the Equalizer is for me. I like to have my back against the tree while hunting. The ApI's have a bar to sit on while climbing I like that. You can also swing the bar out of the way to have a more open shot. Thanks guy's Right now the Api has my eye. I'm still open for opinions.

JR

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just picked up a Summit Goliath today from Bass Pro. After reading the different threads and positive remarks about this stand I ended up being an easy choice for me. I'm also vertically enhanced at 6'10" myself.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
damn and I thought I was tall at 6'6

·
Registered
372 Posts
if your all about bow hunting, check out the summit razor. i love it. climbs with the bar up, folds out of the way when your ready to hunt. very quite, light weight. great stand.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the Summit Cobra. IMO it is the best stand on the market for bowhunting because you don't have to worry about the rail on the front of the stand. I did add a footrest to mine which makes a world of difference on your legs.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
I like my API for comfort and I like my Lone Wolf for packing along ways. I do not like my Oleman because of it's balk.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Ol'man Vision

I love my ol'man vision and was sad when they folded up buisness, but I was watching a hunting show last week on OLN and ol'man was advertising that they are back and making their grat stands. I believe they have a website now, because they said you can check to find your local dealers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts