Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dad turns 67 Nov.1, in Wi, its legal for him to shoot a crossbow after age 65, I don't know anything about them, does anyone have any advice on a good crossbow and what to look for in one, he's willing to spend around 600.00 on one. thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm not a crossbow shooter myself, but my father in law shoots a tenpoint that has been a real nice bow and their warranty coverage has been excellent. I've heard good things about the excalibur crossbows if you'd like to get a recurve instead of a compound.

I think bowtech is going to be making a line of crossbows as well, marketed under the brand stryker - I'm not positive about the name.

·
Banned
1,426 Posts
JCinMN said:
I'm not a crossbow shooter myself, but my father in law shoots a tenpoint that has been a real nice bow and their warranty coverage has been excellent. I've heard good things about the excalibur crossbows if you'd like to get a recurve instead of a compound.

I think bowtech is going to be making a line of crossbows as well, marketed under the brand stryker - I'm not positive about the name.
I'm not a cross gunner eather but a ten point is going to run a grand. Look at horton or bear for a good fast afordable cross gun imo

·
Registered
898 Posts
I shot crossbow for many,many years. As far as I'm concerned, Excalibur is your best bet. They are super accuratte, and are guaranteed to shoot, I believe, 3 inches at 25yds with broadheads. They will do better quite easily, and with field points, shooting at the same spots gets very expensive. Also, limbs easily replaced without a press. The trigger is excellent, which is not always the case with other bows.They have a bow shooting around 350fps right now. Mine survived several dry fires(not by me) with no ill effects. My friend dry fired his new Horton once,blew it up, and had to wait weeks to have it repaired. I know there are other good bows out there, but for simplicity, accuracy and durability, Excalibur is tops. Check their website,and you see they win pretty much all the big Xbow shoots, and have for many years.

·
Registered
575 Posts
JCinMN said:

I have two excalibur xbows, and I have no comments about it beyond "quality, quality, quality". I am pretty satisfied with one exocet 175 (now replace by a model named phoenix) and one exomax (350 fps crossbow).

You will never regret buying one excalibur.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts