Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between the Barnett Predator, Barnett Pentrator, or a PSE Fang. I am aware of the obvious differences in the three. I currently have a 150lb recurve that only shoots about 215fps +/- @ 400grains. Just looking for any insight from anyone who may own/shoot one or all of the three to help with my decision as there is no really archery shop around here that i can try them at before i make a decent purchase.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
check out this guy: www.wyverncreations.com. he is the best crossbow dealer I know of and quite a few people on this forum buy from him. he is the best. check out his prices and see what you can afford and then call him and ask him about the bows he carries. that is the best advice you are going to receive.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Of the 3 discussed the fang is the winner. However see what is in your price range and use the crossbow talk search function and do some homework.
Neil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would like to stay no more than 500 ive noticed a HUGE differance in price though between buying from a retailer/archery shop and buying brand new from amazon/ebay which is i will make my purchase due to the fact i feel i can get a "more expensive xbow cheaper"

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
excalibur axiom or wicked ridge warrior, and buy it from wyverncreations.com

and you can thank us later, those two bows will be the most reliable, if i were you i would buy the excalibur axiom from wyvern

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
My suggestions. Another hundred and you can get a bare mission 320. Maybe the wicked ridge warrior as long as they are not having trigger issues.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
check out the classifieds for crossbows on this forum. a guy has the fang on sale for $295. wyvern has the stealth ss complete with scope for $899. from all reports on this forum the stealth ss is a real sweet bow. I know nothing about the fang. I do know that 10pt is one of the most well respected names in the crossbow industry. the stealth ss could keep you in the woods for the rest of your life. it also has a accu draw with the bow,quiver and arrows. I still have a stealth x-2 I bought in 2000.

·
Bringer of truth
14,916 Posts
A recurve is still a good bet for hassle free shooting . If you do not want to mess around with a bow out side of the hunting season. This is really a good platform to stay with.

You certainly can not judge the older recurve against todays models....they are a completely differnt animals.

I would take a recurve over any of the bows mentioned in post no1.........just something to consider.

·
Bringer of truth
14,916 Posts
My suggestions. Another hundred and you can get a bare mission 320. Maybe the wicked ridge warrior as long as they are not having trigger issues.

and this suggestion.

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
yeah get an Excalibur bro, you can buy a excalibur axiom for about 500$...recurve crossbows is the way to go, i will never ever buy a compound crossbow

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I own I fang it is not a bad Bow I bought it on a whim it shoots 345 just like I advertised I am currently seeking a recurve I think micro is the way to go three times the cost of the other bow

·
Registered
633 Posts
check out this guy: www.wyverncreations.com. He is the best crossbow dealer i know of and quite a few people on this forum buy from him. He is the best. Check out his prices and see what you can afford and then call him and ask him about the bows he carries. That is the best advice you are going to receive.
yup!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts