Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear AT community, I finally got BEAR tag for the first time - it is for Michigan UP Newberry region. Looking for a local guide, any recommendations?

I googled and see several local providers that offer a 5 day hunt for ten to fifteen hundred dollars, some with hounds and complimentary deer hunting opportunities. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
254 Posts
SAY YAH TO DA UP, EH!

I'd be interested as well. I have been racking up the points/chances on MI Bear and Elk tags for the several years. Just waiting for my kids to get a little older and spend a little more time in the woods so when I do decide to pull the trigger on a tag, my kids can join me.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
man i was gonna say dont use one we used last year but it was in baraga area.he was the worst wast of 1200

·
Registered
22,546 Posts
I up in Newberry right now on vacation.....I will ask around and see if anyone is recommended.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Dear AT community, I finally got BEAR tag for the first time - it is for Michigan UP Newberry region. Looking for a local guide, any recommendations?

I googled and see several local providers that offer a 5 day hunt for ten to fifteen hundred dollars, some with hounds and complimentary deer hunting opportunities. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
You could ask around the Michigan Sportsman forum as well.

Sent from d_mobile

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Give Jim Thorpe a call I hunted with him last year, I screwed up my chance but had a great time, lots of bears. His number is (231)883-1268

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
If you were in the Marquette area I could help you out with a few spots. Don't know anyone over in the Newberry area. I will ask a few of my bear Hunter friends for ya.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts