Archery Talk Forum banner

looking for help in KY or TN

543 10
Hello guys and gals,
I'm stationed at Fort Campbell Ky and I just started to shoot a recurve bow I've had it for about a year and I don't think I'm doing all that well at learning on my own. Is there anyone that is in the area that can give me some pointers on what to do?
thanks abunch guys and gals.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Look for the KTBA (KY Traditional Bowhunter's Association) or the TTAS (TN Traditional Archery Society). There's bound to be someone in your area, or at least close. If you don't have any luck, I'll see what I can find for you later (on my way to the woods right now).

Chad

· Registered
1,218 Posts
www.losttribetn.org/

Lost Tribe Traditional Archers of TN

A family-oriented traditional archery club offering 3D tournaments from February through September at Herb Parsons Lake in Fayette County, Tennessee.

Really great people, but they are traditional only , so I can't join :cry:
i shoot in the lost tribe. just started shooting a bow last year....recurve.

i've shot in several of their tourneys....its all fun and games but great practice. i'm a first year bowhunter and i've harvested 2 this year so far. i owe a lot to losttribe

· Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Lost Tribe is an EXCELLENT traditional club--I've been a member there for several years--but I'm pretty sure it's a pretty good skip to Collierville (just outside of Memphis, TN) to Ft. Campbell, and Lost Tribe won't have another tournament until next......oh shoot, I forget....I think we start shooting in Feb., March at the latest.

The TTAS or KTBA should be able to hook you up with members that are somewhat close to you.

Chad

· Registered
1,218 Posts
Lost Tribe is an EXCELLENT traditional club--I've been a member there for several years--but I'm pretty sure it's a pretty good skip to Collierville (just outside of Memphis, TN) to Ft. Campbell, and Lost Tribe won't have another tournament until next......oh shoot, I forget....I think we start shooting in Feb., March at the latest.

The TTAS or KTBA should be able to hook you up with members that are somewhat close to you.

Chad
do you know muscrat?

· Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I know him and Casey "Cuz" (his son) very well. 'Rat donates the fish for our STA fundraiser shoot every year, and works his butt off helping cook them too. He taught my son "the happy dance" several years ago, still tickles him.
Cuz was one heck of a good shot, but he got married and his wife is a travelling nurse, so it kinda messed with his tournament shooting. Last I heard they were in WA, I think--but that's been a while, so they are probably somewhere else by now.

If you talk to Rat, ask him about Chad and Cody, and the happy dance. He'll know what you mean.

Chad

· Registered
1,218 Posts
I know him and Casey "Cuz" (his son) very well. 'Rat donates the fish for our STA fundraiser shoot every year, and works his butt off helping cook them too. He taught my son "the happy dance" several years ago, still tickles him.
Cuz was one heck of a good shot, but he got married and his wife is a travelling nurse, so it kinda messed with his tournament shooting. Last I heard they were in WA, I think--but that's been a while, so they are probably somewhere else by now.

If you talk to Rat, ask him about Chad and Cody, and the happy dance. He'll know what you mean.

Chad

im joey....i bought casey's recurve last year and cody set it up for me. james taught me to shoot last year and i've taken 2 deer this year.

did you shoot any of the lost tribe tourneys last year. i shot in the last 2 and one in may.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.