Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Name is SFC Johnny R. Hogg, currently stationed at Ft. Campbell,KY with the 801st Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team 101st Airborn(AirAssault). We are making preperations for deployment some time in Oct to Dec time frame. I have recieved permission from my comander to take archery equipment as a Moral and Welfair item to ues in Iraq and set up an archery range there. I am seeking help in obtaining items to take, what ever I can get my hands on. I am mainly looking for long bows, recurves or the universal draw compounds that anyone can shoot. I also need arrows, targets and any of the gear that goes along with archery I can get. I am asking for any support or contact information I can get and I thank you for your support.

I cannot ask for these items as an official representing the Army only for myself to benifit all the soldiers in my area. I will need to have what ever I can get by early Oct to ship out in our containers. Thank you for what ever help you may be able to contribute.

SFC Johnny R. Hogg
you can email me for further contact information.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
John, do you know where in Iraq you will be going? I hear there is a pretty good Bow shop in Baghdad. I'm sure there will be some peoples to help ya out.

Welcome to AT, tell us about yourself and your interests.

Mr.Bill

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About Me

I have been in the Army for almost 16 years now, I went for the start of the War in Iraq and am not looking forward to going back, but that is what I signed on for so I will try and make the best out of it. I love what I do and couldn't think of a job I would like to have. I have been married to my beutiful wife for 25 years now she puts up with my archery obsesion and dosn't complain when Sep rolls around and I am in the woods as much as possible. I love to hunt with my bow and have sold all my guns, I just started archery about 3 years ago and I shoot 3D but only for myself not realy up to compatition status yet. I have been at Ft. Campbell for almost 3 years now and will probably retire here in anouther 4 years or so. If you would like to know anything ells just ask. I love this site I have gotten a lot of help from the folks out there and am going to put it to good use if I get to hunt this year befor we leave. I can't say were we are going or the exact times for security reasons, I hope you understand.

Thanks to all of you for your support for all of the soldiers for the job they are doing. We couldn't do it without you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
info

If you ever get to Fort Sam Houston check out the Camp Bullis area they have a 3d shoot once a month and awesome hunting there active gets first choice. Good luck and come bask safe an old DV

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Try everthing you can get your hands on.If there is an archery club in your area go there and see what other prople shot.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I have seen a lot of stuff posted in classifieds that would be great to send to our guys in Iraq... Rests, Sights, Arrows etc. Last week I sent my entire back up set up to Iraq and if this po' starving student can afford to do it I am sure many of you guys can too. Please help in this effort for the feeling 30.00 dollars you might make on some used piece of equipment isn't nearly the good feeling you get from helping our guys over there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts