Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reflex Extreme, I have no idea how old it is other then the guy said he has had it for at least 6 or 7 yrs. The string is broken and the cables are verly hanging in there. the cams have these #'s on them CB3 and H3T any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
910 Posts
you should be able to find the data on thier website. Hoyt makes reflex and that data is redily available on thier site going back several years. 452X is the way to go material wise. Ultracam material runs a fair 2nd choice.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to hoyts web site and went to the Reflex site and no luck, was just hopping that someone on here might still have one and as far as string material the 452X you mentioned is in my opinion not as good as string as UltraCam and is deffinatly not even close to the XCEL. The 452X is rough as for the other 2 I mentioned are smooth and 452X is not as strong and takes more material to make a finished string causing a loss of speed and adding more noise to the bow. Since I have been using XCEL all the people I have made strings for just love the extra speed the strength and stability and the quietness, only one person thought he still wanted leeches back on the bow string for looks. You need to have someone make you a string from XCEL and you will be a converted also.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh it is worth it when you need it to make your equipment shoot its best.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
Moose mustard said:
oh ya Xcel...the difference between Xcel and 452X isnt worth mentioning...other than being marketed by 2 different companies.
I think xcel is less expensive too, although I have never used it. I wonder if it would mix with 452x, as in one color xcel, and the other 452x?

Ben

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Don't know if this will help or not but in my sheets I only have one page for Reflex and it has the Xtreme in it. It lists the RC wheel (split limb) and all the lengths are string 56" and cables 34" (assuming a 6" length addition for a soft yoke??) and ATA is 37 1/2" and BH is 7 3/8". There is also the solo cam (solid limb) and all the lengths are string 92.5" and cable 33" (again I'm assuming the 6" addition with the soft yoke) and ATA is 36 3/16" and BH is 7 1/4". Can't even tell you what year it is but am assuming 1999 as I printed it the same year I got my Striker 2.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much, isin't this a great place, all this sharable info at the touch of your fingers:wink: Now its time to make a string and see if its the same one. I will let you know how it turns out.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
beenfarr said:
I think xcel is less expensive too, although I have never used it. I wonder if it would mix with 452x, as in one color xcel, and the other 452x?

Ben
As far as cost it depends where you by it, and as far as mixing it with 452X you could if you wanted to but there is no need. XCEL has a 102 breaking strength and is .014 in dia and only requires a max of 20 strands in a finished string and as for 452X itss got a 75lb breaking strength and requires 24 strands in a finished string. So with XCEL you have a smaller dia string when done which means you pick up speed with out resistance and you have a stronger string.:wink: And the feel of the string is so smooth it just slices through the air not to mention looks great on the bow.:wink:

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Moose mustard said:
oh ya Xcel...the difference between Xcel and 452X isnt worth mentioning...other than being marketed by 2 different companies.
Actually, I have used 452X and Xcel. I use a brown/black mix of 452X for standard hunting strings. But, as far as the two materials workability, I prefer the Xcel for strings. I have tried it for cables, but I feel that UltraCam is a better cabling material.

If Brownell comes out with a multi-color Xcel similar to UltraCam's, I will completely stop using 452X.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they have some tri colors in XCEL already, by the way what colors are you wanting? Maybe I can help with the color chart.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts