Archery Talk Forum banner

Looking for input....26/50 bow speeds?

615 Views 21 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  1DevineShooter
I'm looking for another bow for my wife and would like to get some REAL numbers from the folks that know. Please respond with the speed, type of bow and arrow weight. Looking for 26" draw at 50lbs pull. Thanks in advance.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
3,985 Posts
I have two sets of numbers for you:
BowTech Allegiance (2005), 26", 56 1/2 lb., 292 gr. Lightspeed, 278 fps.
BowTech Equalizer (2006), 26", 56 1/2 lb., 292 gr. Lightspeed, 289 fps

At 60# with same arrow, Allegiance = 288 and Equalizer = 296.

I have a 26", 50 lb. Elite Fire that I have not chronographed yet but will do it later and post the results here.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome AZONE.... that's what I am looking for. She has a Mathews Mustang now and I've already compared it to the Bowtech Equalizer. The Equalizer is a liitle faster. I'm anxious to see what numbers you get from the Elite. I have access to a Cuda, so I'm going to try it as well.

· Registered
2,067 Posts
Dont overlook the Hoyt Kobalt.

Prior to buying the Katera in my sig...I asked my local shop owner which bow of all the ones he had would he buy and shoot. Surprisingly...his answer was the Kobalt.

· Registered
3,895 Posts
The Alpine Sienna and Eclipse will both shoot 295 fps. at 26"!

· Registered
1,369 Posts
Im interested in this post also. My girlfriend is shooting a 26.5 inch 40 lb equalizer. Shes thinking shes going to be ready to move up to a 40+ pound bow. Im all excited about possibly bow shopping again, but since its a hunting bow, i dont want to buy a 40-50 lb bow that might produce less kinetic energy then her current 40 lber.

· Registered
3,985 Posts
Here's my Elite Fire number: 265 fps at 51 lbs., 26" draw, with a 296 gr. arrow.

I have owned a BowTech Defender, Allegiance, and Equalizer. I like the draw of the Allegiance better than the rest and like the draw of the Fire better than the Allegiance. My Elite GT500 with Cuda cams will be here in about a week, I'll see how that does. It's 26", 60 lbs.

· Registered
646 Posts
The closest numbers i can give you is 26in / 41# / 260gr / 258fps. We're waiting on a delivery of 40-50# limbs for the bow, which is an elite fire. Holy crap, it can plough the x til july though...what a nice machine.

· Registered
2,452 Posts
The Elite GT500 with cuda cams should get right around 290 at 26" and a IBO arrow....I would think the Cuda will be about the same....
I've heard several guys reporting 305+ at 27/60 with the same bow....
and hopefully I can add my input when mine arrives:)

· Registered
3,985 Posts
I like the draw of the Elites much better than the BowTechs. They are butter smooth and as fast as the BTs. I shot the Equalizer a lot but when I tried the Elites, I really fell in love!

· Registered
346 Posts
before you make any moves check out hoyt. my aunt shoots hoty and sorry but i dont know all the details but i do know she was shooting some where in the 280's- 290's and i know she does shoot over 45-50 lbs

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Elite GT500 with cuda cams should get right around 290 at 26" and a IBO arrow....I would think the Cuda will be about the same....
I've heard several guys reporting 305+ at 27/60 with the same bow....
and hopefully I can add my input when mine arrives:)[/QUOTE

Well... when it gets here, I'll be one of the first to know :smile:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.