Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Lurked the forums long enough and decided to join. I learned some interesting things from reading past threads and I appreciate that. Also learnt that there are some loones on here!

But anyways, I am starting to research hunting some other type of animal. I have gotten to the point in my hunting career that hunting old mature slobber knocker bucks and rip roaring longbeards is losing its challenge. I have always enjoyed slinging arrows through Booners, but the last 5 years I have noticed I don't get as fired up as I use to. I don't want to be one of those guys who shoot deer and don't enjoy it anymore or get to the point where I don't care about the chase anymore and start shooting small bucks. I'd hang it up before I shoot small bucks for the meat, as should everyone.

So in your guys opinion what animal in North America is the most difficult to hunt. Not just physically difficult either....mentally. I consider myself extremely mentally strong so I want to hunt an animal that challenges both of my strengths. I am leaning towards goats in mountains but do not have a lot of information on it. But I am open to suggestions.

·
Banned
944 Posts
Lol

Maybe keep shooting all those "mature slobber knocker (booner) bucks and rip roaring longbeards" by standing on one foot or over the shoulder with a mirror. Thats what I do when I get bored shooting all those "mature slobber knocker (booner) bucks and rip roaring longbeards". Sometimes I will try to bounce a shot off a rock or tree first or hollar real loud at the animal and then wait for a 1,2,3 count to give it a chance to get away so I can shoot it running just to make it more challenging. I just threw out a couple big boxes of "mature slobber knocker (booner) buck racks and rip roaring longbeards" since I was tired of looking at them and needed more room for future "mature slobber knocker (booner) bucks and rip roaring longbeards" that I will shoot soon.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Man....

The most dangerous game there is!

or slingshot hunting kodiak bears. Very low success rate :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey man. Not many guys named Darius on here so props for a cool name. Sounds like you should try frog gigging man. That's always a challenge

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
Lol.....another tool that is tired of shooting wall hangers

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
Have you tried cougar's.... bear. Sheep/ rams.... wait is this tom Miranda...lol. maybe you should have your own show..... bahaha

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
Hey folks. Lurked the forums long enough and decided to join. I learned some interesting things from reading past threads and I appreciate that. Also learnt that there are some loones on here!

But anyways, I am starting to research hunting some other type of animal. I have gotten to the point in my hunting career that hunting old mature slobber knocker bucks and rip roaring longbeards is losing its challenge. I have always enjoyed slinging arrows through Booners, but the last 5 years I have noticed I don't get as fired up as I use to. I don't want to be one of those guys who shoot deer and don't enjoy it anymore or get to the point where I don't care about the chase anymore and start shooting small bucks. I'd hang it up before I shoot small bucks for the meat, as should everyone.

So in your guys opinion what animal in North America is the most difficult to hunt. Not just physically difficult either....mentally. I consider myself extremely mentally strong so I want to hunt an animal that challenges both of my strengths. I am leaning towards goats in mountains but do not have a lot of information on it. But I am open to suggestions.
try some hog hunting with dogs and just a knife,, that will get your blood to pumping!!

·
XX78 User
4,951 Posts

How many Boone and Crockett deer have you killed....??

·
Registered
250 Posts
Why cant people just answer the question?
I think a spot and talk on muleys would be pretty difficult, your mountain goats sounds challenging as well. Good luck

·
XX78 User
4,951 Posts
I'd say difficulty wise High Alpine Mule deer.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Recurve public land sometimes just changing the setting can add the challenge some of my best hunts have been smaller deer in the mountains of WV in my younger days. If you master shooting booners on public land with a revurve then AT will create a shrine for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol.....another tool that is tired of shooting wall hangers
You sir added nothing to this conversation with this question. Go away and play with your toys, grown ups are talking.

The spot and talk ideas sound interesting but I like the challenge of figuring out how the animals move and then set up and take them. This could be an option with the animals listed here. Thanks!

·
Banned
944 Posts
Try shooting a booner crossing a river that turns into a lake only to have the booner sink in the lake and then get it out only to have coyotes drag it away before your account gets banned on AT forcing you to start another account. Now that would be challening. Well maybe not.

·
XX78 User
4,951 Posts
Try shooting traditional archery if you havent done so. If you go out west and add trad gear to the mix, I'd think you would have one heck of a challenge.

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
Don't post such a stupid bragging question.....so bored. Try public land, spot and stalk on muleys or elk......like you couldn't figure it out yourself.....but instead...post your question with nonsense thrown in.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts