Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I shoot an older PSE now but looking to update possibly to the Diamond Iceman or maybe one of the Quest bows. Any suggestions welcome. I stand 6'2 185lbs so obviously 29 or 30 inch draw is needed. Not looking to spend a fortune either. I'm leaning towards the quest but i had a bad experience with a used Hammer (SUPER loud) a while back. I bought it off ebay and resold it after i realized it was too loud for my liking. Trying to stay away from big names (Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, PSE etc.) with the exception of the Diamond of course. I've seen it in action and love it. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to look at this.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Shoot all the bows that you can and get the one that you like the best. I shot several Quests last year and was very impressed with them.

·
@michiganoutdooralliance
859 Posts
I shoot a Quest Hammer and they are NOT the most quiet thing out there by any means but you can silence them down a ton if you do it right. I was also considering the Diamond iceman as well when i purchased the Hammer. To me the deal breaker was the supporting local business here in Michigan (G5/Quest) & the lack of hand shock, but the Iceman has very minimal shock as well. You also may like the Martin Cheetah, it came down to the 3 for me...

Just see if you can shoot them all and se which one speaks to ya.

·
Is it October 1st yet??!!
1,687 Posts
Try the quest smoke or heat. Both super nice bows. The iceman is a great bow but it just seems like it should be faster. I know you said that you want to stay away from big names but hoyts rampage xt and bowtech assassin bows are awesome and price awesome too.

·
Come on October!!!!
3,000 Posts
Quest no longer makes the heat. The Smoke is a very nice shooting bow and the price is right. The Iceman is nice as well but not for the price difference. The new Fugitive and Outlaw packages should be great seller this season. Heard the shorter brace bow is still very shootable....

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
I shoot the diamond iceman and love it! It is the most quietest and shock free bow I have ever shot. Great for hunting and target shooting. Got mine new off ebay for $450!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a 2009 ICEMAN and it shoots awesome and whisper quiet...

·
@michiganoutdooralliance
859 Posts
Yeah those iceman bows are really quiet indeed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I shoot the black ice and love every aspect of it! by all means i am not a speed guy but i have taken deer multiple times with it at 50 yard. and i am shooting 275fps. very smooth and quiet. i pulled the quest and thought it was broken!!! it was not smooth one bit. good luck!!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
if you're interested in a quiet shock free bow along with the iceman i would recommend the pse brute, both of these are very nice shooting bows.

·
Best in the World
3,866 Posts
Your hammer was super loud because the string stop they used was crap - did you try replacing the rubber?

Quest makes a really good bow (there is a used XPB in the classifieds on here for a good deal - great bow!)

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I know someone who got a Quest from Sportsmans Guide. I believe it was shy of $400.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts