Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my first post. I have been looking to buy a new bow after years with the same old darton excel.

Any recommendations?

BigShow

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Well, to stop a bash fest on here. Recomendation one ,wait two months for all the 07 bows to come out. Two, come up with a spending limit and then look at all the bows in that area. Three, after shooting all the bows pick the one that fits you the best. Everyone on here will give you a different bow to shoot. Here are some of the bow companies to look at.

Bowtech
Mathews
Hoyt
Darton
Parker
PSE
Ross
Elite
Martin
AR

I know there are some more, so guys how about this...If i left one out, just give the company and not the bow. Lets keep this bash free and just give company names for him to try.

·
Banned
910 Posts
i think you will get the most out of 36"-39" AXLE TO AXLE Modest reflex 7" brace hieght +- 1/2" .Hybrid cam set ups with draw length change capability over a 2" or so range.

almost every bow company makes a bow or 2 in this range. If you can spring enough for a Hoyt, they do have good resale value.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I have bought numureous bows and the one I have now is the best I have ever owned.Ross 334 you would have to look long and hard to find abetter bow.Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
There are many great bows to choose from my preference is Ross. Some of the other guys can provide you with info on other lines. Here is a link to the Ross page that provides spec.s for their different models.

http://www.rossarchery.com/

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Check out the new Martin Bengal, that is a great lookin bow for the money. I just bought the Rytera BulletX and it is a great shooter as well. On a side note, Darton also is making some nice stuff these days...check out the new Marauder, its gotten really good reviews out of the box. I used to have a Darton Excel myself, oldie but goodie!! '94

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you want to stick with Darton, the Marauder is a really nice shooting bow. I just bought one and I love it. At this point though, I think I would wait for the new models.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,232 Posts
If I were looking for a new bow I would look for a parallel limb bow. In general they are quieter, have less shock on the shot and get great arrow speeds with modest brace heights making them easy to shoot for most archers. The great thing is most bow companies are making them...Obviously, I like the Ross best or I wouldn't have bought it but the differences are small and depend on personal preference. Look at Ross 334, 337, Hoyt Trykon and Trykon XL, Bowtech, Allegiance and Tribute, Old Glory, Person Stealth, Browning Illusion, and several less expensive but good ones like the Martin Bengal, PSE Brute or Bear Element. There are a lot of great bows out there the hardest part is making your mind up.

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
Most bow manufacturers announce their new bows in October and November.
I would have to wait a couple of months to see some 2007 models before buying a 2006 and regretting it.

Sag.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
What will it be used for is the $10.00 question? Can't really recommend unless we know what you will be doing.

Target

Hunting

Both?

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Shoot all the bows you can. Depends on what feels best to you and what you can afford. I chose Bowtech a few years ago and while I shoot other bows every year I still am buying Bowtechs.:)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies, I never realized there were so many new companies out there. :confused:

I'll have to do some homework.

Oh, 30" draw for hunting only, maybe some 3-d.

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
BigShow,

Here's a site that has almost all bow and accessory manufacturers listed.
www.bowjackson.com

Sag.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts