Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have it narrowed down a bit to either a TG Microbrite, Armortech, or Sword 3rd plane micro. I would prefer .010" pins or maybe some variation with .019". Now I have seen the TG (very bright .010") and the Armortech (very bright .019" haven't seen where a .010" is offered). Are the Sword sights as bright as the TG sights? It is more of a price point issue, and yes I can get an Armortech for about the same as the other 2, so that is why I have ruled out Spot Hogg. Any input on the Sword 3rd plane micro?

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Stay Away from TG Microbrite

Stay away, far away, from the TruGlo Microbrite. I bought one a couple weeks ago and had nothing but trouble with it. I liked the brightness of the pins and the overall look and feel of the sight but it had terrible quality. The screws that attach it to the riser kept backing out (never had that with any other sight, and I've had a lot of 'em). Even when I would tighten them back down, the sight still would move up and down significantly. The manufacturer actually says on the package that you have to tighten the tool-free bolt before each shot. Who wants to do that? And you have to do it or it will back off and loosen up. After every shot it would loosen too. So you have the riser screws and the tool-free thing loosening up every shot or two.

Then there is the axis. It wasn't level with my riser at all. Way off! Other people on AT have said that theres was the same way.

And to top it off, the sight vibrated badly with each shot making a lot of needless noise (because of all the loose screws in it).

It was a great looking sight with bright pins but it was made of terrible quality. I took mine back after 2 weeks and traded up to a Spot Hogg. Couldn't be happier with the Spot Hogg. Yes, it cost about $40 more but what's $40 when it comes to such an important thing.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,364 Posts
Axcel Armortech HD. I have one and I am very impressed with it. Simple to adjust and well made. I have the .019" pins and they are indeed very bright. You can add a light if you want. The G5 Rheostat light fits it nicely.

There have been some awesome deals in the classifieds for them on here as of late too.

You would be very happy with it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts