Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per my earlier post from today and the suggestions for lowering the draw weight of my ProTec, i wanted to see if anyone has some Hoyt XT3000 limbs with deflection in the range of 75-80. I know it is a long shot, but wanted to check. Maybe someone went down this track to increase their draw weight and have some laying around. Mine are deflection of 92, giving 60-70# on my ProTec with the Saber cam, and I would be open if a trade were wanted as I have no reason to keep these given my circumstances.

Please advise if you have anything that fits the bill...

Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Admin -

My apologies, as I did not see the sticky note (absolutely prominent at the top of the forum) about not posting "looking for" items until just now. I cannot see a delete post button. I will not make that mistake again. Please delete at your convenience, at which time I will find the right place to re-post. Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correction, I don't have enough posts, so will have to wait till I get more activity. Thanks and again, my apologies.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You might check with Dave at Barnsdale Archery, I am not sure if he is making the 3000 limbs but do know he makes the 2000.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Their website only shows XT 2000 & 4000. I may try to call him anyway, just to be sure. But it does not look promising. Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent Dave an email through their website and will try to call him tomorrow. I will keep my fingers crossed! Thanks a lot for introducing me to their products!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks yakboy! Let me know what you have, and if you have a pic send it along so I can see which color design they are. I am trying to get pretty low, maybe even into the 40s DW, but this would get me closer. Please PM me with what you have and what you might ask for them. If you have deflection numbers, please pass them along.

Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent Dave an email through their website and will try to call him tomorrow. I will keep my fingers crossed! Thanks a lot for introducing me to their products!
I heard back from Dave. He does have the ability to make an XT3000, but he is covered up with work right now. He is going to contact me when things open up and he is able to take in my bow to do the work, but for now there is no estimate of time frame. Tells me that he must do good work!! Until then, I will continue to look for limbs on here to see if I can find something sooner with the OEM Hoyt XT3000s with a lower deflection value to get down to the weight I want to draw. Preferably in the low to mid 60's for deflection, but would consider something higher as I know they are hard to find. Any improvement will be welcomed by my shoulder, as the 92 def just tear it up!! Thanks again JMLOWE!!

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
I heard back from Dave. He does have the ability to make an XT3000, but he is covered up with work right now. He is going to contact me when things open up and he is able to take in my bow to do the work, but for now there is no estimate of time frame. Tells me that he must do good work!! Until then, I will continue to look for limbs on here to see if I can find something sooner with the OEM Hoyt XT3000s with a lower deflection value to get down to the weight I want to draw. Preferably in the low to mid 60's for deflection, but would consider something higher as I know they are hard to find. Any improvement will be welcomed by my shoulder, as the 92 def just tear it up!! Thanks again JMLOWE!!
My son is wanting to increase his draw weight (he is 17 and a gym rat), I might put a set of 80 deflection on his bow this weekend, if I do I'll let you know what was in his that made 40-50#'s

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My son is wanting to increase his draw weight (he is 17 and a gym rat), I might put a set of 80 deflection on his bow this weekend, if I do I'll let you know what was in his that made 40-50#'s
That would be perfect if they are XT3000s, as I would rather go a bit lower than higher given the shoulder situation. Let me know what you find. I really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
the XT3000 limbs i have is 75th anniversary edition 60-70 labs. almost perfect condition . I can't see the deflection numbers since it is still on my Ultra bow that is been well taken care of. Please send me your email and i'll send you some photos or phone number i can text you.
Kind regards.
Yakboy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the XT3000 limbs i have is 75th anniversary edition 60-70 labs. almost perfect condition . I can't see the deflection numbers since it is still on my Ultra bow that is been well taken care of. Please send me your email and i'll send you some photos or phone number i can text you.
Kind regards.
Yakboy
Hey yakboy -

Thanks for the offer. I already have 60-70# XT3000s on my ProTec, having a 92 deflection. I need something to take me down in the 40-50# range, so probably in the 60-70 deflection range. I would think that your bow might be similar in deflection values to get the higher draw weight, so don't take them off just to check. But, if you have them off in the future and you see that they are in that 60-70 deflection range, I would definitely be interested. Thanks Sir!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And if you find that you want to get rid of the lighter limbs, definitely let me know as I would be interested. At the least, I will have an idea of what deflections provide that draw weight. Thanks again rsarns!!

·
Cato
4,032 Posts
I was putting XT4000 limbs on a Montega riser, and wanted to target 55# max. Dave Barnsdale was able to make that happen. If you cannot find used, I would call him.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was putting XT4000 limbs on a Montega riser, and wanted to target 55# max. Dave Barnsdale was able to make that happen. If you cannot find used, I would call him.
Mitchell - Yes, I contacted Dave. Be said he could make the XT3000s, but he is just buried with business right now. He had no insight as to when he might free up, but is going to contact me when he might be able to take my bow in. If I have not found any alternatives by then, I will go that route, as I have read many reviews on his limbs that reflect the same opinions you all have outlined here about the fantastic quality. I really hope that I can find something soon, as I really enjoy shooting the ProTec I have and would rather not have to start over with a different bow. It really fulfills my humble needs but for the pressure it puts on my shoulders with the current draw weight. I have my fingers crossed that something will present itself as an option soon. :) Thanks!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, still trying to come up with an alternative for the ProTec limbs, as I have been unable to locate another set in the 60-70 deflection range. Could I use some of the Barnsdale XT4000 limbs and be able to keep the current cam/idler setup? I know I would need a longer string and cable, but would a Saber cam #2.5 and Idler #3 be able to be used on that setup and maintain the 30" draw length, and use lower deflection limbs to give me the lighter draw weight? I think that the 4000s are 1.5" longer, so roughly 3" additional ATA (would be in the 46-47" range ATA since I am currently at 43"). I think that I would be SOL in using the same cams, as the geometries will be all wrong for the 30" DL. And if that is the case, it seems that the Saber cams are even harder to come by than the XT3000 limbs so would be a non-option. My desire is to keep the same cam/idler/string/cable setup if at all possible, as I love the way this bow shoots. Hopefully a set of XT3000s will come up, but trying to research all possible routes to getting to the lower draw weight just in case. Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts