Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,479 Posts
Like any other types of companies in the United States right now, I think the companies you will see gain popularity are the companies that can produce what the customer is looking for. Things like shootability to a "noob", good speed, quiet bows, enjoyable to shoot and such.

My guess is that in five maybe ten years you will see less companies, but more "conglomerates" than we have now.

I think there will be many of the smaller companies that get bought out (more so than what is happening now) by the larger companies.

The big five will still be around IMO anyway and will probably own most of, if not all, the smaller companies. With the economy the way its been, and no good sign that its going to just flip around, its going to be hard for smaller archery companies to maintain.

At least IMO anyway.

Of course, I'd like to see them all make it. It just makes it that much better for the consumers.

· Registered
715 Posts
There are really two types of archery companies that make bows in my opinion:

1) Those people talk about and lust after... the ones that maybe 25% of all archers shoot or own. These are the ones we talk about all the time, and you read about them in the threads where everybody gets mad at everyone else. Lots of advertising and chest beating. Great bows none the less... I own two of them.

And then you have......

2) Lower price point bows that the other 75% own. These are the ones that actually lead the market share and are in the hands of the folks who only hunt. Not that they are less a part of the archery community at all, but your average archer might want a mathews or a hoyt or a bowtech or a pro series PSE.... but they are out there putting meat on the ground with a Parker Wildfire. These are the lower end models of Bear, Diamond, PSE, Browning, Mission, catalouge line Martins. Older Mathews bows, older Hoyts, Dartons, High Country, you name it. Folks that won't drop $500+ on a NEW bow... but will spend $500 on a good used full set up and get 10+ years out of it.

· Registered
68 Posts
Bow company

Guys- With the new money behind Elite i think they are going to grow considerably. Although i'd say Hoyt/Mathews are gonna stay strong as always.

Don't overlook a company like Parker, they have a solid line of lower price point bows along with some awesome Crossbows (just legalized in Michigan). I'm sure their sales are going to grow.

· Bringer of truth
15,110 Posts
I could probably do better telling you guys the ones that will not be around...and likely be rite on the money.

· Archery is a Passion...
3,018 Posts
First of all, I think it would be important to know the relative size of these bow companies and what their goals or missions are. Because there are some companies that really strive to gain market share and to dominate all the advertising markets...

But what I am seeing, is several really small start-up bow companies that are initially starting out wanting to make a GREAT bow, not so interested in dominating. Now this attitude could change, but I'm seeing some companies that initially are more interested in putting out a quality bow and giving good service than just selling bows.

Not all companies want to be #1.

Oneida Bows
Monster Bows
Athens Archery
Andersen Bow Company

Also, what about WHEN we start seeing high end bows from China or Korea for 1/2 the price we currently pay? Companies like Wal-Mart will challenge overseas manufacturers to make a bow they can sell for more profit.

· Registered
4,928 Posts
I don't see things changing much in five years.
Status Quo.
I do think a few more of the small companies will disappear.
An interesting concept that China or Korea will produce a high end compound bow.I am somehow doubting that,but I will keep an open mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.