Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a drop away arrow rest for my hoyt power hawk. I am debating between a ripcor rest and a Qad Ultra rest hunter. I believe both of these are compatible with fobs. Any thoughts on these rests?

I like the fact that the QAD stays cocked when you let down.

-Justin

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I only got one thing to write !

:mg: Buy the qad !:wink:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok the only thing thats got me thinking is the qad hunter doesnt have the let down feature like the pro model. Does this even matter?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ripcord

I shot the QAD rest for 2 years. I tried the Ripcord this year and switched. My vote is for the Ripcord.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I haven't shot the Qad but I have a Ripcord and love it. The new one coming out this year is going to be even better than the version I have. I know a lot of people make a big deal about the let down feature on the Qad but I never understood why. You don't have to cock the Ripcord before you shoot it, so if you let down and have to draw the bow back again, just draw it back and shoot. Most people install an arrow pad/holder so the arrow isn't going anywhere when you let down anyway. The both make great products and they both have great customer service so I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive seen the ripcord in person and it works great. But what has me is that qad allows let down .But the cheaper qad doesnt have the letdown lock does this affect anything? Also the ripcord is better with the fobs ( which I would like to try sometime)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
They are both good sight, but in your choices i would go with the QAD rest. 1, it is cheaper if money is an issue. 2, I have used a QAD hunter rest and even with taller vanes like blazer I have had no clearence issue. But you cant go wrong with either rest.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Do you have to cock it before you shoot? Will it cock on its own if you forget? Sorry if its a stupid question never shot a drop away before. Always shot a WB

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had the QAD installed the one that is $119. and took the ripcord off, Long Story but they both shoot good to me. Im not a pro by any means, just my 2 cents worth. :) I will say this it took 60 seconds of tuning to shoot bullet holes.

·
'13 KTM 450 SX FE
2,263 Posts
It will cock when you draw back. The biggest reason to cock it prior to the shot is arrow containment. I have no idea what they are talking about letting down feature, I have had 2 qad hunters and they will remain in the cock position when you let down. The only thing that I was told was the "Pro" had a feature that it would not bounce back up after the shot. I had the last one on a Alien X shooting 315 fps and it worked flawlessly with no bounce back, so I don't know if that is really a needed feature.

·
Registered
15,543 Posts
Do you have to cock it before you shoot? Will it cock on its own if you forget? Sorry if its a stupid question never shot a drop away before. Always shot a WB
You do not have to cock the QAD first if you do not want to.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well to tell you the truth I have found a Qad and ripcord both on the at classifieds for the same price. I like both of them its just so hard to make a decision.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Qad looks more hunter friendly.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Trophy Taker, Full Capture Top Shot

You need to check out this rest before you buy. Very simple, reliable and solid. It picks up the arrow perfectly every time and drops out of the way at just the right moment to insure proper arrow flight. Built very solid and full containment ring keeps your arrow on the rest, even when you tilt your bow. Easy to set up. Very popular in my part of the country for good reason.

http://www.trophytaker.com/xtremefc_ts.aspx

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
You need to check out this rest before you buy. Very simple, reliable and solid. It picks up the arrow perfectly every time and drops out of the way at just the right moment to insure proper arrow flight. Built very solid and full containment ring keeps your arrow on the rest, even when you tilt your bow. Easy to set up. Very popular in my part of the country for good reason.

http://www.trophytaker.com/xtremefc_ts.aspx

X2,I was gonna put my biscuit on my maxxis when it gets here but I think I'll put my tt on,they just flat out work great..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts