Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Halon 6 that I like but I am contemplating getting a Triax and I am not sure what I should do? Any advice is helpful!

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Never had a halon but I really like my triax!

·
Registered
913 Posts
I went from a Halon 32 to a Triax. I liked my Halon but I love my Triax. Like others have stated. It’s just flat out fun to shoot. I was like many that was kind of iffy on it when it came out due to the ATA length. But I shoot this bow better then I did my Halon. It is definitely less top heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
552 Posts
Something to consider is the fact that in a few months the new bows will be launched.
You need to decide whether it worth getting and then possibly changing when the newer longer Triax comes out that will then be the best bow that ever came out!!:set1_rolf2:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I still shoot the Switchback XT. It's plenty fast enough for me, smooth, and a great hunting bow. Although, when the time comes to upgrade to a newer, faster, dual cam - split limb bow. I plan to buy a Hoyt.

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
I love mine. Although it's quite costly on arrows and broken nocks. lol

I've owned

Mathews
Legacy
Outback
Monster
Z7

Elite
Impulse 31

This Triax is the best of all I've owned. I liked my Z7 except for the vibration. Liked my Monster except for vibration/noise. Like my impulse except for the draw cycle.

The Triax has the best of all of these but with no vibe or noise and it keeps the speed up pretty close (8 fps) to the Monster. I'll take it.
Z7

·
Registered
12,062 Posts
shoot them side by side, that will help way more than our opinion.

i didn't care for halons, but love my triax, but that's my taste, yours may be opposite

1 - 16 of 16 Posts