Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at starting to shoot some 3d shoots in my area but have some questions about the classes.

Right now I shoot a sureloc challenger, am I still able to compete in a lower class than the big boys (pros). I was looking at selling my longer stabilizers and v bars, but if the sureloc bumps me to the class where there are no length restrictions on stabilizers, I won't

So my overall question is what classes can I shoot in and what stabilizer restrictions do I have, by shooting my sureloc.

Also what are the restrictions on magnification.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
if you shoot novice, hunter, advanced hunter then you can not shoot more than a 12" stab and no moveable sight. also no mag on a fixed pins class. you should be able to shoot anything above those classes. open c, open b, open a, semi pro, open pro. whatever you choose. also that i am aware of there is no restriction on magnification but i would suggest no more than a 4x or 6x. asa also has 2 new classes this year that are known yardage classes with known 45 and known 50. any more questions please feel free to pm me and i will help to the best of my ability.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know I'm not good enough for open classes, what about if I sell the challenger and switch to something like a lethal weapon or apex nitrous 6 pin with a 9 inch bar. Can I go down in classes if I keep the 12" stabilizer rule.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes that is right. A 4 pin sight and a 12" stab would put you in novice or hunter. Just remember you can always move up you can not move back.

·
Registered
244 Posts
if you shoot novice, hunter, advanced hunter then you can not shoot more than a 12" stab and no moveable sight. also no mag on a fixed pins class. you should be able to shoot anything above those classes. open c, open b, open a, semi pro, open pro. whatever you choose. also that i am aware of there is no restriction on magnification but i would suggest no more than a 4x or 6x. asa also has 2 new classes this year that are known yardage classes with known 45 and known 50. any more questions please feel free to pm me and i will help to the best of my ability.
You can't use Mag. in bow novice, BUT Mag is allowed on fix pins in Hunter class max 40 yards. All other rules apply. This is the one that caught me off guard the first time I shot ASA. I was not use to hunter classes being able to use mag. lens. So I had to go back to the book.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Thankyou for catching that. Mag is allowed in hunter class. In IBO you are only allowed 4 pins. in ASA there is no restriction on the number of pins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts