Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never hunted out of my known areas in mn. Looking for the best option for somwhere new for early bow season. I am not dead set have to have throphy deer, just looking to get out without running into other hunters in every other tree. I dont think there is much public land in iowa is there? Is Nebraska an option? Furter south?

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
ND SD NE KS all offer good public land hunting. KS is a draw state. SD you have to apply for your LIC but you get it it's just SD's process. ND is straight up over the counter

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Iowa has good public land and low pressure for a bowhunter but it's not an early season destination because the bow season opens October 1. Start applying now for a rut hunt, it will take you 2-4 years to draw depending on area of the state.

North Dakota, Kentucky, Montana and Wyoming are good options for early hunts when the deer are patternable. The first two are OTC, Montana and Wyoming might take you two years to draw. The book The Freelance Bow hunter is the best $20 you can spend if you are serious about hunting out of state: http://www.bucksbullsbears.com/buy-stuff/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts