Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellows I'm looking for some info on fall away rest that contains my arrow. I want accuracy for hunting as well 3d shooting. I know there are alot of rest out there with tons of positives, but i need the best of both worlds? Any good input will help. Thanks

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Qad

I really like the QAD on my Hoyt..have been shooting it for 3D (last summer) and hunting this fall. It does exactly what it advertises...full containment, full drop away. I have set up the same rest on 3 different bows with great results. What I really like is that the rest does not drop when letting down..only when shooting.

Take your time setting it up...if you do you will not have any contact issues like many claim to have. Timing is everything...only have it come to full up in the last 1/2" of draw.

·
Registered
17,256 Posts
I really like the QAD on my Hoyt..have been shooting it for 3D (last summer) and hunting this fall. It does exactly what it advertises...full containment, full drop away. I have set up the same rest on 3 different bows with great results. What I really like is that the rest does not drop when letting down..only when shooting.

Take your time setting it up...if you do you will not have any contact issues like many claim to have. Timing is everything...only have it come to full up in the last 1/2" of draw.

QAD HD's for me also!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I know the set up is through KE upon release but Im having a hard time with the actuallity of hitting the rest upon release? The reason I say this is because when you draw and then let down it still stays locked up in the shooting position. Are you good to shot with it stayn up?

·
Registered
651 Posts
NAP Sizzor!

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I use the Muzzy ZE and have had no problems whats so ever, you just set them up and start shooting:darkbeer:

·
Conejo Valley Archers
346 Posts
I know the set up is through KE upon release but Im having a hard time with the actuallity of hitting the rest upon release? The reason I say this is because when you draw and then let down it still stays locked up in the shooting position. Are you good to shot with it stayn up?
This is from QAD FAQ on their web site.

"The Ultra-Rest is NOT inertia activated. If the Timing Cord is not attached, the arrow fletching will make contact with the launcher and activate the Safety Break Away feature."

I will move out of the way but you will still have fleching contact.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
the Limbdriver is a very popular rest and a favorit of many here and its all i put on any of the bows in the family now...super easy setup and tune.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I really like my G5 Expert II, but if you want containment then the QAD is probably a good route to go. Either that or a Ripcord.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ripcord

Ripcord, I shot a QAD for two seasons, tried the Ripcord this year and switched all my bows over to the Ripcord.
One of your concerns with the QAD was the launcher staying up on let down, the Ripcord does not stay up, the launcher falls down as you let down. I have not had any clearance issues with the Ripcord. They have a new model coming out for 2010 that has the lockdown feature, to prevent the launcher from bouncing back.

·
Remember.. Archery is fun
3,323 Posts
No one mentioned the Trophy Taker. I have shot that rest for years. Never had an issue.

My .02
Nick

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey fellows I'm looking for some info on fall away rest that contains my arrow. I want accuracy for hunting as well 3d shooting. I know there are alot of rest out there with tons of positives, but i need the best of both worlds? Any good input will help. Thanks
be careful. some of those things under highspeed film bounce back up and the archer thinks he has a clearence problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
+2 for the Ripcord fallaway.

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
After experimenting with nearly everything I always seem to wander back to my Trophy Taker... Just about bulletproof.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
No doubt about it. Limb Driver. No extra stress on the cable slide causing excessive wear on cables.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts