Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get my first bow and have not read anything good about the Browning. I love the look of the Browning Illusion. Mossyoakbreak up with a wooden handle. Don't want to spend more than $450. Trying to sell a few things first. Are there any bows that look like the Browning Illusion?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Before buying anything, I would suggest you go to your local shop. Try a few out. First how much do you want to spend on complete hunting rig, ready for the woods. Second, does it matter new or used?? A new 2010 Darton bow completely set up is less than that $450.00 Some of the Parkers I have new is completely set up for a lot less than that, and that is just two out of many out there.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
worth it.

The Browning Illulsion is a Great Bow, very underrated.

Go give it a try.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
not sure where you have been hearing about brownings but they are a great shooting lineup and a very solid foundation. the only negative is I doubt that they will be carried by PSE much longer. even if they are dropped by PSE they will still carry a lifetime warranty that PSE offers on the bows.

shooting as many bows as possible is the best way to figure out what will be the best bow for you.

feel free to pm me if you need any help,
jkeiffer

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,140 Posts
The 2005 - 2007 Illusions are some of the best used bows out there. Not speed demons by today's standards but very sweet shooting bows. I love me 2005 Illusion. Shooting that bow is soothing.

·
Registered
8,396 Posts
Get the Illusion. I gave mine to my Bro-in-Law and wished i hadn't. I loved the feel of that bow and the wooden grip on it. Shot it everyday. He just pulls it out right before deer season. It just kills me...

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I don't have an Illusion, but I love my little Browning. It's not going anywhere for awhile.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I used the Browning Illusion extensivley for three years and it still remains one of my favorite bows! Very nice shooting bow! I killed plenty of critters with em! You wouldn't be disapointed!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
the 2005 - 2007 illusions are some of the best used bows out there. Not speed demons by today's standards but very sweet shooting bows. I love me 2005 illusion. Shooting that bow is soothing.

+1 !!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say thank you for all your info on the Browning line of bows. I have learned a lot a will be getting a bow soon. Need to sell a shotgun 535 Mossberg $400. Can't wait to start bow hunting. Just got my son his first PSE Razor. He loves it. Once again Thanks Mark.....

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You really cant go wrong with the Illusion.....I just got rid of an 06 model and it was a great bow.

·
Registered
636 Posts
They are great bows, I shot the 05 I had for a good while before getting the 2010 that I now have for sale in the classifieds. I'd be happy to work out a great deal on it for you ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just bought a new bow and the only reason I did not get the Browning Illusion is because I already have one. I will not get rid of it either. It has the best feel to me of any bow I have ever shot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts