Archery Talk Forum banner

Looks Like Bowtech Might Be In Deep... "Scat"

14965 Views 216 Replies 99 Participants Last post by  fostereaton
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

· Registered
9,755 Posts
"Claude" is about 33 years too late to sue anyone. The TSS Quadraflex was the first marketed mid limb pivot bow in the early 80's and the patent was first granted to Joseph Caldwell around 1978.

Attachments

· Registered
45 Posts
Indeed. I am not a lawyer, but the US has some interesting laws when it comes to Patents. For example we are one of the only countries that allows for submissions after other people have submitted patents Trying to figure out who came up with the idea first). In all other countries it is first come first serve. The US is looking to change the law because there is a huge backlog because these fights take forever.

Probably the only claim will be coming from the nondisclosure. Bowtech is a huge company and can outlast any individuals in lawyers and courts. In the end probably best thing he is going to get is a settlement. Even then by the time he gets to that point there will be so many fees he won't be getting a huge payout.

Additionally, even in his claim they did not directly steal it. They took his idea reworked it and made something new. Like I said not a lawyer, just some observations.

On another note I am most likely going to be buying a Bowtech Assassin Black ops, change stabilizer to limbsaver and the rest to QAD Ultra Rest Bone Collector as my first bow.

· I like shiny stuff.
4,549 Posts
Why wait 6 years to sue, or two years from date of supposed origination to filing a patent? Bunch a crap probably.

· I like shiny stuff.
4,549 Posts
Indeed. I am not a lawyer, but the US has some interesting laws when it comes to Patents. For example we are one of the only countries that allows for submissions after other people have submitted patents Trying to figure out who came up with the idea first). In all other countries it is first come first serve. The US is looking to change the law because there is a huge backlog because these fights take forever.

Probably the only claim will be coming from the nondisclosure. Bowtech is a huge company and can outlast any individuals in lawyers and courts. In the end probably best thing he is going to get is a settlement. Even then by the time he gets to that point there will be so many fees he won't be getting a huge payout.

Additionally, even in his claim they did not directly steal it. They took his idea reworked it and made something new. Like I said not a lawyer, just some observations.

On another note I am most likely going to be buying a Bowtech Assassin Black ops, change stabilizer to limbsaver and the rest to QAD Ultra Rest Bone Collector as my first bow.
Nice choice on the bow.

· Mutant of the Year 2015
7,410 Posts
Im not buying it either....But we havent heard from our favorite BowTech bashers yet...:zip:

· Recovering hunting addict
8,312 Posts
During the next two years, Hadley tested and refined his “Bow Pocket Catapult System,” the suit said,

How would Bowtech know what he did during those two years? Besides CP has been around for years.

· Registered
5,756 Posts
This is going to be good.:smile:

· Registered
338 Posts
If he waits he gets a royalty on every bow that they have sold with the patent infringing technology on it. Smart parts, a big player on the paintball scene sat back for years and let other companies develop technology based on their patents.....letting some of these companies become big. They then filed their lawsuit and won a lot of many from mult companies..........this type of stuff is real.
Yeah and look what happened to smart parts. They no longer exist

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.