·
Registered
10,965 Posts
deer

Good post! Now why can't I get a big buck to just walk into my shooting lane?:D

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
rut certainly is coming on here. I made a mock scrape, now I've never had a buck maintain or use my mock scrapes like I hear others do but it does within a day or so prompt other bucks in the area to do the same and it also starts rubs showing, this works for me every year, this year is no exception. Yesterday I had a deer walk in my mock scrape and pee in it, did not scrape it up just peed in it. I didn't see the deer do this but would think its a doe, due to the lack of scraping and the fact that no bucks have ever maintained my scrapes. The four that they are maintaining have been worked into a huge area now, the scprapes have been make huge in the last few days. If it was a doe peeing in my scrape I would think that she's telling the buck something, like come get me big boy;) . I've yet to see one of these bucks during shooting hours but i'm sure it will happen, its all muzzleloader right now till next Saturday, hopefuly the orange army won't shoot everything and screw things up, I'm hoping I can get one with the muzzleloader hunting just like I do with bow only I can reach out alittle further for the next few days.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Finally started to see a little action on Halloween weekend. Saw 3 scrapes on two different properties on Saturday. One of them was refreshend on Sunday evening again. Also saw some small bucks doing a little chasing. Not realy hard but at least showing some interest. No shooters yet but this week's cooler temps should get things really fired up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.