Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cody Robbins, host of "Live to Hunt" shot a Saskatchewan mulie that has been officially scored at 294 5/8 gross and a net score of 287. Of course there's a 60 day drying period but I don't think he will shrink over 20 inches. They are not putting pictures out to the public yet, hopefully I can get them to u guys soon! This information came from Kelsey Claypool his soon to be wife. Also I guess he shot it at 4:00pm yesterday and it's all on video!!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't worry guys I want to see those pics bad to!! Hopefully they will show them soon.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Cody Robbins, host of "Live to Hunt" shot a Saskatchewan mulie that has been officially scored at 294 5/8 gross and a net score of 287. Of course there's a 60 day drying period but I don't think he will shrink over 20 inches. They are not putting pictures out to the public yet, hopefully I can get them to u guys soon! This information came from Kelsey Claypool his soon to be wife. Also I guess he shot it at 4:00pm yesterday and it's all on video!!!
i am assuming that's with a bow cause the current world record is 355 2/8 net non typical and there's now frigging way that would be a typical frame

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am assuming that's with a bow cause the current world record is 355 2/8 net non typical and there's now frigging way that would be a typical frame[/QUO
Yes it was with a bow.

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
Subscribed.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
drying period?
:nod: They shrink a bit for the first couple months, depending on ambient temperature and humidity.

But this is "General Archery" how? Not complaining, as I love to hear about and see these things. But it really isn't general archery, right? You'd get more views in the hunting forum.

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
Yeah. Green score. Then drying period. Then official score. Antlers have a moisture contint that has to dry out before official scoring can be done.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got some more info and it sounds like we will be waiting awhile to see pics. I guess a big name mag. payed some big $ for the rights to show this article/buck. So I guess we will have to wait.:thumbs_do

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
:nod: They shrink a bit for the first couple months, depending on ambient temperature and humidity.

But this is "General Archery" how? Not complaining, as I love to hear about and see these things. But it really isn't general archery, right? You'd get more views in the hunting forum.
this is the hunting forum.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Guy's who are wondering, this is the potential world record archery mule deer buck. I have seen a pic of the buck, and it is a giant. I will not post the pic as a measure of respect. You will see it soon enough.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts