Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a semi regular problem with my loop cutting my serving on my string. I use BCY #62 material for serving and tie my loop over the top of the BCY. It does not happen right away but I would guess after 500-1000 shots. Am I doing something wrong or is what I am seeing normal wear and tear? I have been using the loop material from Walmart up to this point. I recently bought 100' of material from BCY. I have the BCY loop material in one bow so far but have not shot that bow enough to know if the loop material is the problem.
Any advise welcome
Thx.

· Registered
2,718 Posts
I seem to have a semi regular problem with my loop cutting my serving on my string. I use BCY #62 material for serving and tie my loop over the top of the BCY. It does not happen right away but I would guess after 500-1000 shots. Am I doing something wrong or is what I am seeing normal wear and tear? I have been using the loop material from Walmart up to this point. I recently bought 100' of material from BCY. I have the BCY loop material in one bow so far but have not shot that bow enough to know if the loop material is the problem.
Any advise welcome
Thx.
It is possible to damage serving by over tightening a loop, but I have never heard of loop material cutting a serving. A picture of the damage would certainly help us diagnose the problem.

· Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loop

Sorry no pic's I have cut the old one off but have cut servings 2-3 times. I do wax the loop material and tighten it with a pliars. I do not use a peep with a rubber tube and I do use the loop to help align the peep. Maybe that is my problem??

· Registered
565 Posts
The only way that I can see making this happen is if the serving separates under the D loop knot.
This would expose a single strand of serving for the D loop to rub on.
Are you using any form of Super glue near the d loop etc.
I keep super glue away from any form of string or serving as it dries and make fibers BRITTLE which can cause failure.
Other than the above I can see no other reason why you have a problem.

Hope it helps
Nightimer

· Registered
216 Posts
Maybe you are burning the serving material when you melt the ends of the loop, or maybe the tool you use to tighten the loop with pinches or cuts the serving. I have also seen loops seperate serving if the serving isn't on tight enough.

· jakeeib
1,406 Posts
I have seen this and wondered if it is from peep turned and people twisting their loop to line it back up? I would think that constantly trying to tun the loop on the string/serving would have some affect, atleast on cheaper strings.

· Registered
2,857 Posts
I've not had a loop cut my serving, but in the past I've had my loop turn on the string. when you rotate the loop back into position about 50 time it will cause the serving to seperate. If you are using the loop to align your peep this is most likely the reason. If you continually rotate the loop back into position bad things will happen. Try moving a strands of the string from one side of your peep to the other to get the peep to line up at full draw. For instance... Take a strand from the right side to the left around the front side of the peep, then take a strand from the left around the back of the peep to the right. Eventually the peep will line up for you and you can leave your loop alone.

· Registered
2,172 Posts
I have never had a loop cut the serving.Center serving should be applied with a lot of tension to keep it from seperating under the loop.I use the #62 serving on occassion without any problems,but prefer halo or diamondback.Try to get your peep aligned by adding or removing twists from the string as needed instead of using the loop.If possible,post a pic of your installed loop,this may help us figure out your problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.