Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53,295 Posts
If it was installed properly it should have never moved in the first place. sometimes you can twist it back down like a screw. I would take it off and have one installed properly or it will happen again. :beer: :smile:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Peterson Creek said:
How do you move a loop after you have been shooting for a period of time? I had a new string put on. The loop has moved up about 1/2". I don't know what loop is called, but I do know it is not a catfish loop.
not sure what loop you are referring to? If you had a new string put on, then you would have had a new d-loop put on? A pic would help or a little better description :shade:

·
NC ASA Director
36,124 Posts
Your string might have stretched or your center serving may be sliding up the string. If the string stretched, you can twist it back up.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
I would agree that your string has stetched, but I would also say your cam may be out of rotation also. Bring cam back to spec., check string length, and then loosen loop knot (I use a hemostat) and retune.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
What material is your center serving?

I had a problem with a bow that was served with monofilament. No matter how much I tightened the loop with my big needle nose plyers, it would slide very easily.

I simply reserved with # 62xs and the problem was solved. Any of the other braided serving materials would probably give similar results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.