Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pack of 100gr ultimate steel heads. I have put them together, added the enclosed metal o ring and tightend then as much as I can and they are still loose- any ideas on what to do???

·
Registered
657 Posts
You need to tight them up very strong. They seems to loose baldes.
They are very sharp but....... there are better choices.
I have shot one small buck two years ago with 125 grain. They will do the job, but I belive they are other more solid broadheads.
In 100 grain Turbo from Rocky's, Slick Trick, Stinger 4 any many others.
Rethink your decision.

Vodekz :teeth:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting Returned

There is now way I would shoot these stupid things into an animal, I sent the company an email and Im taking them back. TERRIBLE HEAD

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Do a little research and you will find that this was always a problem with the Ultimate Steel heads. It's too bad they cannot come up with a way to lock the blades in...would be an awesome bhead then!

·
Registered
780 Posts
they are a great head and fly awesome but i couldn't keep the blades tight either. my buddy shot an elk with one, it was a quartering away strongly shot, he went in behind the last rib and came out in front of the off side shoulder. elk went down in 40 yards but the head was missing a blade. won't shoot those anymore. now it's G5 montecs for me. fly great, penatrate great and the elk i shot went 25 yards and fell over dead.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
You can throw them in the trash, send them back, or if you really want to use them, glue the blades into the ferrule. I was hoping TR would do a little better with the Rocket heads, but I guess they are going to go with the same old attitude that "we don't care"? With all the new smaller fixed blade heads on the market you don't need to mess with the "ultimate steel" in my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
They are defective Not suited for the purpose of killing game

Return them and and get a decent broadhead that works right out of the package

try Slick Tricks all steel 4 full blades........Foolproof

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Africanbowhunter said:
They are defective Not suited for the purpose of killing game

Return them and and get a decent broadhead that works right out of the package

try Slick Tricks all steel 4 full blades........Foolproof
Not trying to get me to shoot Thunderheads Tink?

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Flaw with Thunderheads...........

There is a wee small tiny problem with Thunderheads

they are missing a blade....

NAP has never made a 4 blade Thunderhead.............

Muzzy A start up co from Ga started out with 4 blades and became a super popular head sicne they offer 4 blades...

Gary Cooper @ ST Went one step better and came up with an ALL STEEL 4 Full blade Broadhead and I will be shooting it this fall

Last Fall I never shot a single arrow at a deer, so I may have zip to show for it.

AN all steel full4 blade head will never fail or will not come apart on impact like broadhead made of aluminum

Did you ever hear the saying?

"Strong as Aluminum?"

I never did

When someone makes a better broadhead I will shoot it

Tink

·
Registered
596 Posts
I also had blade retention problems with the Ultimate Steels. Used them one year and scrapped them. I also didn't like the SMALL cutting diameter, anything under 1" just doesn't seem like enough to be effective, especially on marginal hits. Get some SlickTricks or RM TURBOS instead. :smile:

·
Registered
639 Posts
I tried the ultimate steels myself and man they are junk in imo.. The first shot into a BH target i lost a blade.. They dont stay tight at all. Mine are still here collecting dust. I'll never use them. :thumbs_do

Slick Tricks and Stingers are in my quiver to stay.. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
332 Posts
no probs with with the ultimate steel here, But now you all have me worried

1 - 13 of 13 Posts