Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it very common for hoyt modules to come loose--a lot?

Because ive been shooting mine for about a week with the bottom one being loose, no damage that i can see, but its the one design flaw ive noticed with this bow, those screws back out way too often. This ever happen on other bows?

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
mbuemi said:
Is it very common for hoyt modules to come loose--a lot?

Because ive been shooting mine for about a week with the bottom one being loose, no damage that i can see, but its the one design flaw ive noticed with this bow, those screws back out way too often. This ever happen on other bows?
Yes. I had it happen -- and not only with module screws.

Put a little (BLUE, not RED) Loc-Tite on a Q-Tip and rub just a little on a few threads. That will secure the screw against vibrating loose but you will still be able to remove it.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
string wax on the threads works also.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I found the screw had a piece of the thread wrapped around it under the head where you couldnt see it. I only found it with my glasses on!!! I have the same old screw but new cam provided by Hoyt. No looseness so far with the new cam.

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
mbuemi said:
ive used loc tite, but i hate getting glue all over the cams. Just something about gluing up polished silver cams and parts that bothers me ;)
No need to make a mess. Just a slight touch of the Loc-Tite on a few of the forward screw threads will do the trick. You don't want to lock the screws in place but just set them enough to resist vibration.

Use a Q-tip to apply it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts