Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I believe Ted is a great advocate for archery and hunting in general. I like his show. I respect him for his strong and vocal stand for what he believes in.

With that said. I believe that the only reason he has had such and impact is becuase of his public position. I think that ever man or woman the picks up a bow, buys a hunting license, and harvests an animal is contributing just as much as Ted Nugent. The voice of a leader is only as good as the people that create the group being lead. WE MAKE HUNTING POSSIBLE.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey guys. Don't get me wrong. Ted Nuggent has done extraordinary things for hunting. I respect him alot. He makes a stand for what he believes in and doesn't back down no matter what is said. But their are many many many individuals who spend their whole life promoting hunting that don't get the recognition and praise they deserve. What about the NWTF? They have many excellent programs that promote the sport. Sure many of these individuals are not well known. Is their effort any less important?

I don't think that every person that picks up a bow is be any stretch of the imagination a saint that has suffered for this sport. But if you want to compare the efforts of an individual, I have one name for you.......FRED BEAR.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was born and raised in Texas. I hunted a 10,000 acre ranch just east of Del Rio. We did not have high fences but i would not have a problem with hunting a high fence. Even small tracts of land (2,000 acres).

I respect Ted for his efforts and success. I admire him most of all for his promotion of family and children. That is much more rare than support for this hobby we all love.

You absolutely correct sir. I know of no one alive today that has brought more attention to this sport than Ted Nuggent. Now granted that attention at times is not always supported by all members of this sport.

I for one have never seen Ted hunt animals is less than far chase. I do not personaly know the man but I can't imagine him doing such. He seems way to genuine for that.

I in no way want to take away from Ted. He is great. I think that others do just as much without the recognition

·
Registered
268 Posts
I will leave it like this

Ted has contributed to this sport. No arguement.

He IS NOT the reason this sport is great. You and I are the reason. The mass of hunters that spend millions of dollars each year to keep this sport alive.

I will acknowledge and praise his effort. But remember this..... NO ONE person can make this sport as successful as it is. The fathers that take their children hunting, the wildlife management groups that raise funds to improve habitat and species success, and the hunters that demand their God given rights, these are the real heros. These are the ones we should thank. They make this sport successful.

DEER TEXAS......I am not attacking Ted nor you. Just remember that license you buy every year, your vote at election time, and your children are ensuring your right to hunt not TED NUGGENT.

Out here.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well said Brew.

I sure wish I were back in Texas. The hunting their is unbelievable. My cousin is a guide in Eastland, TX. I use to hunt down south in Del Rio. Some of the best hunting in the country.

Let's hunt. It is almost Oct 1st

·
Registered
268 Posts
I hunted lived there 10 years ago. It was a great state for deer. The game management there was ahead of it's time. Large tracts of land with consciencous tenants that wanted large racks provided the drive towards world class animals.

Body size is not what you will find up north but dadgum.....who cares....the headgear is unbelievable.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I agree DT. While most states were still shooting every buck that walked by Texas ranches were managing herds by reducing doe populations and harvesting mature bucks. A wonderful place to hunt.

good luck this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.