Archery Talk Forum banner

Loosing respect for Uncle Ted...

11697 286
As I am sitting here writting this, Ted's final song is ending on the Outdoor Channel....Very disappointing.:(
He just killed a nice axis buck from a blind. Awesome right.
Well, when he was starting to track the deer after a great shot, he stopped to talk to the camera (along with the two observers he had with him), as he was talking you could see a couple of deer about 20 yrds. behind him walking through the trees. He turned around and saw this, turned to the camera and said something like "We could do some stalking here as well". Well, you probably could since they looked tame enough to feed out of your hand!:mad:
Then when he got to the deer, he was talking to the camera again, and more deer went behind him about 50-75yrds.
I can understand, that hunting exotics here in the U.S. your going to be hunting fenced animals. I am right about this ain't I? But to tell you the truth, I would have rather seen him shoot a big old doe in a fair chase situation than shoot what probably was some kids pet that he raised for Ted to pay to shoot.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid, I know a lot of what you see on TV is in fenced areas, but I don't want to see them wondering around looking at you when go to get it with the camera!
Sorry guys, just had to vent...
Micah
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
nwmthunter, like it or not, things change with time!

25 years ago, I remember making the statement after a trip to Texas that I would never pay for a place to hunt! No way, no how!

Good thing for me that crow ain`t so bad if you douse it with hot sauce!:D

Here it is....25 years down the road. Due to my endless love for big game hunting, I spend more for leasing prime hunting ground than most people make in a year.

Hey, I wish it weren`t so, but it is.

I agree with you that hunting in a pen is not hunting.

I don`t consider the fenced ranchs in Texas pen sized though.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Wow a six year old thread brought back from the dead just to bash Ted..
Not really to bash Ted. We had a bunch of threads deleted due to the argumentative nature of them last night, and for some reason we have a member trying to resurrect every old thread in the same category today?

I am honestly surprised the member is still here.......my guess is that most of the mods are trying to get a little time off because that is a rarity for them.:wink:

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
aka. Bottle feeding fawns...raised in pens..bar coded tags in ears... releasing 1 week prior to hunt and the guide has a magnetic scanner to tell ya how much that shot just cost you.

Lived in Texas for 5 years...couldn't wait to leave

And they all talk like you..including Ted
You realize that you are talking to a man that was banned years ago?:D

BTW, your knowledge of Texas high fence operations is clearly incomplete.......but don`t let that stop you from a good rant.:thumbs_up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.