Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I am sitting here writting this, Ted's final song is ending on the Outdoor Channel....Very disappointing.:(
He just killed a nice axis buck from a blind. Awesome right.
Well, when he was starting to track the deer after a great shot, he stopped to talk to the camera (along with the two observers he had with him), as he was talking you could see a couple of deer about 20 yrds. behind him walking through the trees. He turned around and saw this, turned to the camera and said something like "We could do some stalking here as well". Well, you probably could since they looked tame enough to feed out of your hand!:mad:
Then when he got to the deer, he was talking to the camera again, and more deer went behind him about 50-75yrds.
I can understand, that hunting exotics here in the U.S. your going to be hunting fenced animals. I am right about this ain't I? But to tell you the truth, I would have rather seen him shoot a big old doe in a fair chase situation than shoot what probably was some kids pet that he raised for Ted to pay to shoot.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid, I know a lot of what you see on TV is in fenced areas, but I don't want to see them wondering around looking at you when go to get it with the camera!
Sorry guys, just had to vent...
Micah

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't get me wrong guys, I guess I should have explained myself a little better...:(
I still do, and always will have respect for the things that Ted does OUTSIDE of his hunting videos. And some of the things he does inside his videos. It was just this situation I have a problem with. I know everyone has there own opinion, and everyone has that right too...I respect that. I would just rather see fair chase videos from him(I've seen him do them before). It's just when I see the deer roaming around behind them like cattle, it dissapoints me:( . Heck, the two women that he had with him during the hunt wasn't even wearing camo! I think one of them had a camo shirt and tan pants, and the other one was wearing an off white outfit. All be it, they were hunting from a blind that they were all in, but at least they could dress like they was actually HUNTING:( JMO.
For the most part, Ted does ROCK!
Just a BAD show....
Micah:cool:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DT..Sorry if you took some kind of personal offense..didn't know Ted saved your family from a burning building or something..:( .
All I was trying to do is express my feelings about a particular show and you have to fly off the handle, and it sounds like your ready to fight about it?!? It was just my opinion, not like I'm giong to change the whole world over it...:mad:
And if you can't deal with someone bieng able to think for themselves you pucker up and kiss MY ***.
It is good of you to get a response from Ted though, really kinda backs up my thought about them bieng virtually tame "the deer arent spooky within 50-60 yrds." Yea, I guess they will stop at 50 yrds. and say to themselves " Oh No! I better stop right here, I'm supposed to look like a wild animal...". Whatever....:rolleyes:
But again...This is JMO.
No Hard Feelings DT, As long as it's legal, I really don't have a problem with it, I would just rather not see it on TV. IMO it partrays us as killers, not hunters...JMO
Thanks for your responses guys, even though it looks like I'm in the minority on this "I" can respect others opinions.:)
Later Days....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Guys, I tried going back through the posts and finding exactly where it was that I said that it was wrong to hunt fenced animals. Can you show me? I did give my opinion on what I did and did not want to see on tv.... Some of you that opposed what I said told me to turn the channel...no problem, but I do like watching Ted everytime I get the chance. I just said that I didn't want to see the animals roaming around behind the cameras while they was talking over the dead animal. JMO.
Now that I've stepped on some of your toes, I'm about to step on some more...Personally, If I were able to go and hunt a ranch, fenced in or not, I would probably do it (depending on the game, situation, ect..). Again, if you'll read back I never said that hunting fenced areas was wrong IMO, just THIS particular show...AGAIN, JMO
Would I perfer to hunt fair chase, and not fences. Yes, this is just my preference. I didn't say you were going to hell or anything...;)
I'll tell you what though, maybe I should retract the "loosing respect for", because I do have a lot of respect for anyone that positively promotes hunting, and archery in general. He does do a good job at that. But, I'm sorry, I won't take back anything else that I have said, because it is the way that I did/do feel about what I saw on tv.
If I knew before hand about what I was going to see on that show, I would NOT have changed the channel, simply because this thread has been kinda fun.
Good shooting...even to you DT..:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.