Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
You mean you can't hunt if you're not wearing camo? Is that the offical view?

I've killed a lot more game wearing faded levis and khaki shirts or Carhartt jackets, than I have since the wife and kids started buying all that leafy looking stuff for me to wear.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I'm gonna chase down a Pronghorn on foot, wearing only a loincloth and using a fire sharpened stick....after all the ranch is only 90,000 acres.... I've turned over a new leaf this year.... I pledge to be an ETHICAL HUNTER....:D :p

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
nwmthunter said:
Hunt your game farms and enclosed areas all you want.I know one thing for sure I will appreciate my kills alot more than you will,Because I hunt Wild animals that have a chance.Why do you think these private ranches in Texas often guarantee 100% success? Because it is a controlled situation not a real hunting experience. Oh well, You choose your own path.Have Fun !
No son, you don't know what I will appreciate, you can't assume that you can know anything about me, or for that matter anyone you don't personally know very well.

You can appreciate your kills, and you are free to choose to hunt as you wish, however you might want to reconsider making broad coverall statements about something you know nothing about. When you have hunted throughout most of North America and taken more big game animals than you have years then you may speak about hunting in Texas and other places.

Until then you might want to consider confining your comments to that of which you have first hand knowledge.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
nwmthunter said:
Son ? Thats pathetic.I have alot of experience hunting.I know more about hunting around the US than you may think. At this point this is really a waste of time.When I look at photos of past hunts over a cup of coffee with friends I will remember each hunt, for what it was.Take care to all and be safe, Chris in Montana
Nothing derogatory was meant by the son comment. Since I killed my first deer 48 years ago, and I have hunted throughout the United States and Canada, I might also know a thing or two, and be able to appreciate thousands of hunts over as many cups of coffee.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Well, if you gonna go hunting naked, just give us warning so we can sit at the other side of the yard. That way we can take advantage of the stampede that's gonna take place when you strip.... Yardbirds gonna scatter to the wide open spaces....:D At least them that ain't paralyzed....:p

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Fred Bear is among the greats, that is an indisputable fact.

However, can you name any other individual who in today’s world promotes not just bow hunting, or gun hunting but the entire concept with the vigor and determination of Ted Nugent? They are extremely rare, and I support his efforts as I hope you do.

Love or hate his persona, but respect the man for his contributions to the outdoor way of life. His depiction of many types of hunting may not be to your liking, but they are honest and straightforward. This is real hunting, not the fairytale world.

Literally millions of individuals hunt on high fenced ranches each year. And they enjoy hunting as much as those of you who hunt the open range of the west and the woodlots of the east. I asked Ted recently, how much of his hunting takes place behind high fence. He replied that approximately 10% of his hunting fits in that category, since he spends a lot of time in Texas hunting exotics that makes sense.

Those of us privileged to hunt exotics on a year round basis, never having an off-season, have the best of both worlds. We can hunt any time the urge strikes, in fact DeerTexas and several other Blood Brothers are going this week for a pre-deer season warm up. They will be hunting Axis, Sitka, and Fallow deer as well as hogs. I’d be there also, but job commitments will not allow it this time.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Actually Brew I have walked in both pairs of boots... I've spent a lot of time in the west. I managed one of the larger Sporting Goods (gun and fishing) stores in Colorado, while I lived there I wrote for the Western Outdoorsman, and did various fishing and hunting shows on the radio. I've hunted in all the of western states at one time or another. I love it out there, and try to hunt there every chance I get.
It is certainly different, but no less or more enjoyable than Texas hunting.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
DT like I told you a few days ago, most of these guys that look down their noses at us for hunting high fence, are simply narrow minded, and unaquainted with any other type of hunting than their own. Which they assume to be the only right way because it is their way.
They watch a TV show and think thats reality... these are the same types that blame their bad luck on someone else and the prom queen wouldn't date me so I shot up the school syndrome.

Don't waste your breath on them, they aren't worth raising your blood pressure....

There is no way to convince them that it took 3 days to film that 30 minute show they just watched. The guide didn't rattle up 5 bucks in 6 different locations in 15 minutes... but they saw it on TV so he must have.... No sense of reality

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
BHNTR1 said:
Finally got thru all the crap here. DeerTexas- you my friend(term used loosly) are a gosh damn hipocrite. I just read you profile. You sell hunts to these high fenced areas, no wonder your feelings are hurt. I have been on several hunts in OK and TX, all were fenced. I'll have to say some fun , some like shooting fish in a barrel. You claimed your mule deer hunt in Co was easy, Would you like to try again? I hope not , as far as I'm concerned people like you are why poeple in Co could give a sh&# about Texans. Your bulldog ego has overloaded your pikanese ***. Take a flying leap. AND TED STILL SUCKS, probably sucking on a big fat one he just rolled. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
You know it's really funny... but when I ran the gun store in Denver, probably 65% of all the Colorado residents who had to fill out 4473's answered "Texas" in the block PLACE OF BIRTH...
And most of them were the worst at bad mouthing Texans... I guess it made them feel like they belonged...:D I only met about 20 or so people who were more than second generation Coloradians

Oh! yes I'd love to come hunt the South side of Sheep Mountain, or up on Strawberry Creek again... you get me a tag and see how fast I'm there.

But until then, I can hunt Texas style... it's all good.:D

One more thing DeerTexas don't sell the hunts.... he provides a lease finding service... and as has been stated adnausum there is no practical amount of public land in Texas. So the service he provides is appreciated by thousands of hunters throughout Texas and the ajoining states....

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Just one more thing.... the High fenced ranch Ted was hunting in the last several episodes is the YO Ranch' its about 110 square miles of brush..and Mesquite Trees.. Not fair chase my ASS... growup and find reality... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
matsicon said:
Thanks much DT!!! You, Jav, KD, and some of the other guys down in the Tx and Ak area sound like a trip. I would love to sling arrows with you guys! If ya'll ever come out to the low country area of SC let me know.
I'll do just that my family came from there in 1836....

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
It's an old term best forgotten....from another time

Let's just say it is never smart to challenge people of whom you know nothing.... and leave it at that.

The kid isn't worth the time....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.