Archery Talk Forum banner

Loosing respect for Uncle Ted...

11739 Views 286 Replies 50 Participants Last post by  dogdigger
As I am sitting here writting this, Ted's final song is ending on the Outdoor Channel....Very disappointing.:(
He just killed a nice axis buck from a blind. Awesome right.
Well, when he was starting to track the deer after a great shot, he stopped to talk to the camera (along with the two observers he had with him), as he was talking you could see a couple of deer about 20 yrds. behind him walking through the trees. He turned around and saw this, turned to the camera and said something like "We could do some stalking here as well". Well, you probably could since they looked tame enough to feed out of your hand!:mad:
Then when he got to the deer, he was talking to the camera again, and more deer went behind him about 50-75yrds.
I can understand, that hunting exotics here in the U.S. your going to be hunting fenced animals. I am right about this ain't I? But to tell you the truth, I would have rather seen him shoot a big old doe in a fair chase situation than shoot what probably was some kids pet that he raised for Ted to pay to shoot.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid, I know a lot of what you see on TV is in fenced areas, but I don't want to see them wondering around looking at you when go to get it with the camera!
Sorry guys, just had to vent...
Micah
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Hey chris

KEEP YOU SHIRT ON

I dont recall any one calling you out Why dont you post a picture of your self Mabe some on here will think you look like a big pu$$ you shure the hell are acting like one.

You see it is easy to hide behind you computer but some on here say what they feel even though they know that there going to get blasted by little punks like you.

· Registered
238 Posts
nwmthunter

You need to know more about a man before you start slandering him and the way he makes a living .

Now I have never met DT other than on this site but I have to belive he is honest .

This week he had posted a hunt for hogs and one doe for a reasonable price so I contacted him about it so I could take my son to kill his first deer .

You see my boy has been bow hunting with me sence he was 4 .

The draw back to that is that the places we hunt are bow hunt only so I would either have to make him weight till he was old enough to take one with a bow or take him some were he could shoot one with a gun .

DT could have took my money but he told me that there would be better deals and that the price was to much for just one doe .

I would love to live in the west and beable to hunt like you do but here we have to rely on honest people to set up hunts for us or set up leasing arangments because there just is not any good public land to hunt .

As far as the high fences look in your own back yard there are more and more high fence hunting places in montana every year.

But I think you know that right thats why you are pissed at texans .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.