Archery Talk Forum banner

Loosing respect for Uncle Ted...

11739 Views 286 Replies 50 Participants Last post by  dogdigger
As I am sitting here writting this, Ted's final song is ending on the Outdoor Channel....Very disappointing.:(
He just killed a nice axis buck from a blind. Awesome right.
Well, when he was starting to track the deer after a great shot, he stopped to talk to the camera (along with the two observers he had with him), as he was talking you could see a couple of deer about 20 yrds. behind him walking through the trees. He turned around and saw this, turned to the camera and said something like "We could do some stalking here as well". Well, you probably could since they looked tame enough to feed out of your hand!:mad:
Then when he got to the deer, he was talking to the camera again, and more deer went behind him about 50-75yrds.
I can understand, that hunting exotics here in the U.S. your going to be hunting fenced animals. I am right about this ain't I? But to tell you the truth, I would have rather seen him shoot a big old doe in a fair chase situation than shoot what probably was some kids pet that he raised for Ted to pay to shoot.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid, I know a lot of what you see on TV is in fenced areas, but I don't want to see them wondering around looking at you when go to get it with the camera!
Sorry guys, just had to vent...
Micah
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
745 Posts
I am kind of coming in one this one a little late, but for what it is worth, I like TED very much, and agree with EVERYTHING that he does for hunting. I have never hunted on one of the high fenced ranches, however when you have 20-40,000 acres of land to hunt on, that is fenced, who cares if it is fenced or not! Like that deer know there is a fence there:rolleyes: . Come on guys. You have to know that deer only stay in a certain area in the wild anyway, and with as much land as the ranches in Tx have the deer do not know the difference. Some of you keep telling DT to lighten up, well the way I see it he has a reason to be upset. You are telling him that he is "shooting a pet". Those deer are no more a pet then what you are hunting! I would be pretty pissed if I had someone telling me things like what some of you have said. As far as him taking up for Uncle Ted, Ted is his friend, and if you bash my friends I would tell you to go f--- yourself also. Where I come from friends look out for one another, and if they are not around you take up for them. If you don't you are know better then the person bashing your friend.

· Registered
745 Posts
1st: DT said "Hunting is under attack", and he couldn't be more right. The anti's are having a ball with all the fussing going on. They do not have to do anything, because if we do not change our ways of thinking, we will destory our on hunting rights. What I mean by change our way of thinking is: No you may not agree with high fence hunting, running deer with dogs, baiting, or any of the other "issues", but who gives a crap!!!! We are all brothers and sisters in the same sport, and if our communication or unity breaks down they have us. If you do not like the idea of hunting on a high fence ranch, then by all means do not do it, but do not bash it for our brothers. I was born and raised in the south were running dogs is heritage, I do not agree with it, nor would I do it, but I respect the RIGHTS of my fellow hunters to do it, and you must do the same!!!! I do agree with DT, that we have wolves in sheeps clothing within the hunting community.

2nd: nwmt, have you ever hunted in a high fence ranch? Because, the way you are talking about it, it shows your ignorance on the matter. There is a saying that you might want to consider, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and be presumed ignorant, then to open your mouth and remove ALL doubt" The ranches that I am familiar with are min of 20,000 acres. Any animal born on such a ranch has no clue that there is a fence anywhere around. The animals are not like the anti's protray them to be meaning "PETS", which you have bought into hook line and sinker. If they were hunting on a 1 acre high fence enclosure, no I would not agree with it, but it is not my place to decide how one hunts, neither is it yours. If Ted's video's show him hunting at a high fence ranch, then DO NOT BUY THEM, OR CHANGE THE CHANNEL, I am sure you get more then one channel.

· Registered
745 Posts
NWTH, have you ever been to, or do you know anyone that has been to DT for a hunting lease? If you have not then you can not give a educated opinion of what he is doing. Remember, mouth shut presumed... mouth open remove all doubt. No I am not trying to get a discount from DT, if he gave me one I would not complain. I will go down to TEXAS to hunt there within the next few years though, as I will hopefully go up to the Milk River area to hunt there also. The way you talk is if you carry your emotions on your shirtsleeve. Why would you want to try to hurt someone on purpose? I can not understand that way of thinking. Are you that vindictive? If so you may want to seek help for that, because it will end up eating you alive from the inside out. Why do you care what DT does or does not do? What is it any of your business? I also took a look at his profile, and his webpage, and it looks as if he runs an ethical operation. Just because you do not agree with it, does not mean that it is wrong! Would I call him to book my hunt in TX? If he could get me to the plantations that I want to hunt at, I would. Just as I would call you, if you had a business like his in Mt, when I get ready to hunt there. Just remember this is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, the best country in the world, that we live in, and the GREAT thing about that is we all do not have to agree with one another. You are intitled to your opinion, just as DT is his, and I am mine.

· Registered
745 Posts
nwmt, yes that does desire credit. But, you never answered my question.
have you ever been to, or do you know anyone that has been to DT for a hunting lease?
If you have/do then fine, if you have not/do not then you can not judge him! One of most irritating things IMO, is for some to start speaking and not know what it is they are talking about.

· Registered
745 Posts
Thanks much DT!!! You, Jav, KD, and some of the other guys down in the Tx and Ak area sound like a trip. I would love to sling arrows with you guys! If ya'll ever come out to the low country area of SC let me know.

· Registered
745 Posts
Yea, I figured! I just want to see how these "fair chase" critics will justifiy hunting around a food plot, and white oak tree, or any of the other nature foods that deer eat.

· Registered
745 Posts
Man, I would love to. I am single father to a 4yr, and sell real estate in HHI, SC. This year has been extremely tight around our house hold.:( Maybe next time:)

· Registered
745 Posts
Yea, I know Jav. But the FACT is that it is still bait!:D Every now and then I like to say something to what someone who is uneducated about a matter will say. Anyone who does not agree with it, then they better not hunt anywhere near a food source, because they are hunting over BAIT.:D

· Registered
745 Posts
nwmt, be careful who you call a wuss. You do not know anything about us, and you could end up getting yourself into trouble. I have found that the people that are eager to bow up to someone are ussually the ones that are the easiest to make fall. As I said you do not know anything about me, so be careful of what you ask for!:D

· Registered
745 Posts
It's just hot air, bro. Or gas. Can't decide which. Regardless, I am quite scared of his daddy! LMAO!!
Yea, I know! But that fact that someone thousands of mile from someone would have the audacity want to bow up to someone they do not know ANYTHING about is pure STUPIDITY!!

· Registered
745 Posts
Walleye,

You are awful full of yourself, and are entitled to your opinion. However, why don't you keep it to yourself. We have already had to deal with people like yourself on this issue, and it was put to bed. Regardless if you like Ted or not, the simple fact is that he does and gives alot to our sport of hunting. If you resent the fact that Ted has anything to do with bowhunting, then change sports or get over it!:D

· Registered
745 Posts
the other thing walleye, with all your little comments it sounds like you may have a crush on Ted, and want us to think other wise!:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.