Archery Talk Forum banner

Loosing respect for Uncle Ted...

11739 Views 286 Replies 50 Participants Last post by  dogdigger
As I am sitting here writting this, Ted's final song is ending on the Outdoor Channel....Very disappointing.:(
He just killed a nice axis buck from a blind. Awesome right.
Well, when he was starting to track the deer after a great shot, he stopped to talk to the camera (along with the two observers he had with him), as he was talking you could see a couple of deer about 20 yrds. behind him walking through the trees. He turned around and saw this, turned to the camera and said something like "We could do some stalking here as well". Well, you probably could since they looked tame enough to feed out of your hand!:mad:
Then when he got to the deer, he was talking to the camera again, and more deer went behind him about 50-75yrds.
I can understand, that hunting exotics here in the U.S. your going to be hunting fenced animals. I am right about this ain't I? But to tell you the truth, I would have rather seen him shoot a big old doe in a fair chase situation than shoot what probably was some kids pet that he raised for Ted to pay to shoot.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid, I know a lot of what you see on TV is in fenced areas, but I don't want to see them wondering around looking at you when go to get it with the camera!
Sorry guys, just had to vent...
Micah
181 - 200 of 287 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Hollow - you're right and you're wrong.

I could certainly share knowledge about ethics, fair chase, habitat, educating the non-hunting public, protecting the herd, and doing what's in the best interest to protect the future of hunting for future generations.

But you know what - it would all fall on deaf ears - literally and figuratively. Nugent is so full of himself, it would take much more than just me to purge this goon of all the propaganda bottled up inside him.

It is too bad he couldn't be "helping" the cause of some other group, other than bowhunters.

· Registered
852 Posts
You know, I read all these anti-Nugent threads, and it just amazes me - I'd bet that the Nugent bashers are either: anti hunters here either to troll, or only because they think target archery is the only way to use a bow... OR, the kind of "hunter" who doesn't lift a finger to help preserve our hunting rights, or has done less in their ENTIRE life for our cause, than Ted does IN ONE WEEK!!!! Speaking of fingers, I've got one raised for all you Nugent bashers!!! I'll take Ted's back ANY DAY!!!

- georgestrings

· Registered
745 Posts
Walleye,

You are awful full of yourself, and are entitled to your opinion. However, why don't you keep it to yourself. We have already had to deal with people like yourself on this issue, and it was put to bed. Regardless if you like Ted or not, the simple fact is that he does and gives alot to our sport of hunting. If you resent the fact that Ted has anything to do with bowhunting, then change sports or get over it!:D

· Registered
852 Posts
BTW - Just for your reading enjoyment, I killed ANOTHER whitetail deer with my bow today - gutted it, and it's hanging in a tree in my backyard...Tomorrow, I'll butcher it, and put it in my freezer - YUM, YUM, YUM!!!!! Tomorrow afternoon, I'll likely kill another one - don't you just LOVE to hear about deer getting killed???? That was my 20th bow killed deer - hahahaha!!!!

- georgestrings

· Registered
78 Posts
Anyone that speaks up for hunting rights is doing us all a favor.

Sometimes, the manner in which this is presented (by anyone) can be a little hard to swallow by outsiders.

Ted's comment about (paraphrased): Everytime someone says that an animal has rights, 20 of something has to die. Caused me to wince a little bit as this is the kind of rhetoric that the antis will use to quote him to the rest of the world. I understand that he does not actually do that (or maybe he does, I can't guess), but as a (very) public representative of our group, these kinds of remarks will be the only thing that will be heard by a lot of people, outside of hunters.

The problem with any kind of hunting coming under fire is the same problem with gun control. It is a slippery slope and anything that gets taken away, only leads to the next step.

I may or may not agree with other people's methods, but as a group we have to be careful how we represent ourselves to the world.

p.s. - the previous messages that mention fair chase and flint knives. You think that using a tool is fair chase??? Has to be your teeth for it to be even ground

:cool:

· Registered
139 Posts
......one of you guys.....

Absolutely Nailed it!

Perfect!

Deadsolidperfect!

The Match made in Heaven: Tedophile & Anna Nicole Smith

Ted Nugent does for Hunting what Anna Nicole does for 'being a lady'.

· Registered
1,438 Posts
Folks, the anti's and the rest of the world don't give a rat's *** how hunting is sugar coated, they still want to stop all of it. Gun, bow, blow darts, they don't care. Fair chase, loin cloths, they don't care. Ted has warts, who doesn't. He is a hunting squeeky wheel. Who gets the attention in society and especially the press these days, the squeeky wheels. Right on Ted, keep squeeking!!!!!

· Registered
139 Posts
....Deer Texas....

....and YOUR point with the circles is?

MY point is: Our wonderful and at-risk hunting culture is NOT so desperate for a visible spokesperson that we need give this has-been minor celebrity an opportunity to hijack our passion in order to revive his fading career.

We are perceived by non-hunters ---the neutrals and the anti's -- by who speaks for us. And T.Nugent should not be our public face. Not all non-hunters are anti-hunters...they are neutral...and we should attempt to woo them to our values. The radicalized behavior, showmanship, or 'schtick' of TN is not the PR front we want to put forward as any kind of image of 'hunters'

Indeed, as one poster remarked, TN "has warts".....some of them being: a conflicted sense of game laws, witness his own admission of shooting protected song birds on his Michigan property; a questionable sense of what America is and what it stands for, witness his frequently shouted "Speak English or get the hell out" diatribes.

Simply because has access to talk radio because he's good for colorful air-time does not qualify him to represent any part of the hunting community.

I have no problem with Ted Nugent being a passionate hunter...provided he will follow the game laws. I do have a problem with him putting himself forward as a spokesman for the broader hunting community.

I have to admit some bewilderment with the unfortunate 'tedophiles' who desperately look to him as the appropriate guard-dog of our cherished hunting traditions, ethics, and culture. Without being too facile .... my earlier reference to Anna Nicole Smith may just be appropriate .... it's the 'dumbing down' of American culture.

Lastly, I can respect the many posters here and on other forums who perceive that our hunting culture is in grave danger by PETA and other 'anti' groups. However, I would say to them all...."you are fighting the wrong fight". The 'anti's, are relatively small 'fringe' groups frequently perceived as radical and out of touch by the majority of Americans. The danger to our hunting is the loss of habitat, and the 'indifference' of the 'neutrals'.....not to mention, the emergence of alarming diseases in portions of the whitetail herd.

THAT is where are efforts must be expended...be they political activisim or financial support....NOT railing against the straw-man of the PETA shrills. We are being suckered onto the wrong battlefield.

181 - 200 of 287 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.