Archery Talk Forum banner

Loosing respect for Uncle Ted...

11684 286
As I am sitting here writting this, Ted's final song is ending on the Outdoor Channel....Very disappointing.:(
He just killed a nice axis buck from a blind. Awesome right.
Well, when he was starting to track the deer after a great shot, he stopped to talk to the camera (along with the two observers he had with him), as he was talking you could see a couple of deer about 20 yrds. behind him walking through the trees. He turned around and saw this, turned to the camera and said something like "We could do some stalking here as well". Well, you probably could since they looked tame enough to feed out of your hand!:mad:
Then when he got to the deer, he was talking to the camera again, and more deer went behind him about 50-75yrds.
I can understand, that hunting exotics here in the U.S. your going to be hunting fenced animals. I am right about this ain't I? But to tell you the truth, I would have rather seen him shoot a big old doe in a fair chase situation than shoot what probably was some kids pet that he raised for Ted to pay to shoot.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid, I know a lot of what you see on TV is in fenced areas, but I don't want to see them wondering around looking at you when go to get it with the camera!
Sorry guys, just had to vent...
Micah
221 - 240 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
When you do as much to promote hunting,help kids,and fight alcohol,tobacco and drugs as Ted then ***** about what he does. If you don't like high fence hunting then don't do it.Could be the fences aren't to keep game in but to keep some people OUT.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
No I think most hunters know why These people have high fence operations,so they can actually get something.They are unable to go out in a real situation and hunt a animal, it has to be controlled so they can believe they can actually hunt.High fence operations and those that promote them are pathetic.I hope other states follow suit and eliminate them,because all they do is give hunting a bad name.Thanks DT for giving the anti's more ammo.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
oh cool here comes javelina another old pathetic a-hole.You guys are so funny because you fall for anything. Better get some rest so you can go - Pin some animals up against a fence and make a precise shot with your bow !!! LOL This is way to funny:D oh since you call me a kid I'll nick name you - OLDF-cker instead of spending all your time behind the pc spanking the monkey get out and go for a fair chase hunt. :D

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
nwmthunter said:
oh cool here comes javelina another old pathetic a-hole.You guys are so funny because you fall for anything. Better get some rest so you can go - Pin some animals up against a fence and make a precise shot with your bow !!! LOL This is way to funny:D oh since you call me a kid I'll nick name you - OLDF-cker instead of spending all your time behind the pc spanking the monkey get out and go for a fair chase hunt. :D
Grow up, son. Does your mommy know you're up this late?

·
Registered
518 Posts
What about us eastern hunters who ambush deer from trees and shoot them in the back.Oh yeah we use grunt calls and scents and plant food plots.I guess if your not stalking deer on foot in the wilds of the west it aint hunting.Is using a call to lure in an elk hunting?DT you seem to bring them out of the woodwork.The sad part of it all is unless we all hang together we will all hang seperately.

CB

·
Registered
745 Posts
nwmthunter,

I thought that we had this discussion a while back. IN case your pea size brian did not remember I will tell you again
nwmt, be careful who you call a wuss. You do not know anything about us, and you could end up getting yourself into trouble. I have found that the people that are eager to bow up to someone are ussually the ones that are the easiest to make fall. As I said you do not know anything about me, so be careful of what you ask for!
Your mouth starts going faster then you brian can keep up. There was an article in the North American Hunter mag a few months ago that talk about the Antis trying to get ALL of our hunting taking away. They quoted one of the big guys with the Anti org as saying that as soon as they get the baiting and dog hunt for black bears taking away they will start on something else, until there is no hunting. OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!! You can't be so blind to not see this.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
matsicon,are you threatening me? better rethink you ***** statements.You don't have a clue who your messing with pee wee. You guys that support high fence operations are showing just what men you really are -OR aren't,Don't even think about threatning me until you know what you are dealing with:D HIGH FENCE OPERATIONS AND GUYS THAT RUN OPERATIONS TO SELL BIG BUCKS TO CLIENTS WILL BE ONE OF THE TOP REASONS WE LOSE OUR RIGHT TO HUNT ! THANKS ALOT. HIGH FENCE OPERATIONS SHOULD BE BANNED AND EVENTUALLY THEY WILL:D

PAY ATTENTION PET HUNTERS,HIGH FENCE OPERATIONS ARE TOTALL BS PERIOD !!!

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
JAVELINA,GO TO BE OLD MAN and don't forget your meds,ARROWFLETCHER you are right it is a waste of time.To many guys hurting the sport of hunting because they are unethical hunters and feed the anti's all the fuel they need,Thanks alot JAVELINA--DON'T FORGET TO REMOVE THE COLLARS BEFORE PROCESSING !! LOL I am done with you morons that are hurting bowhunting. All that believe in fairchase hunting, have a great season !!! :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just found this thread and fealt like posting my 2 cents. It must be nice to pay to walk to a tree stand that some one else put up near a timed game feeder so that when it goes off you just wait and pick the buck you want. Personally I usually am wading through high itchy weeds in the middle of summer hanging from a tree putting treestands up on my cousins farmland sweating like a dog just so I can use that treestand that fall and harvest a large iowa doe or 6-8 point. My adrenalin still pumps so hard over a doe as it does a large buck. Blood,sweat,bee stings, sunburn, and blisters are what usually happens when I put up tree stands for that falls hunting. I have a friend who owns the local gun shop and he has been on a few of them texas fenced in hunts. He is the one that told me come 6 o clock the feeders go off and the deer come running and u just take your pick. So I cannot speak from experience there but a reputable source told me. Of course maybe the ranch he went to was a "bad" ranch. I don't even know why he went as the bucks are much larger up here anyways lol:) But I stopped subscribing to buckmasters years ago because I felt that the magazine was contributing more to hollywood hunts and corporate style hunting than the blue collar small town hunter that I am. That doesn't make you a bad person if you are rich and u hunt I just think you tend to lose your roots. But I do agree with one comment. When it comes to getting food alls fair in love and war lol. Cory

221 - 240 of 287 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.