Archery Talk Forum banner

Loosing respect for Uncle Ted...

11681 286
As I am sitting here writting this, Ted's final song is ending on the Outdoor Channel....Very disappointing.:(
He just killed a nice axis buck from a blind. Awesome right.
Well, when he was starting to track the deer after a great shot, he stopped to talk to the camera (along with the two observers he had with him), as he was talking you could see a couple of deer about 20 yrds. behind him walking through the trees. He turned around and saw this, turned to the camera and said something like "We could do some stalking here as well". Well, you probably could since they looked tame enough to feed out of your hand!:mad:
Then when he got to the deer, he was talking to the camera again, and more deer went behind him about 50-75yrds.
I can understand, that hunting exotics here in the U.S. your going to be hunting fenced animals. I am right about this ain't I? But to tell you the truth, I would have rather seen him shoot a big old doe in a fair chase situation than shoot what probably was some kids pet that he raised for Ted to pay to shoot.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid, I know a lot of what you see on TV is in fenced areas, but I don't want to see them wondering around looking at you when go to get it with the camera!
Sorry guys, just had to vent...
Micah
241 - 260 of 287 Posts

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
nwmthunter said:
matsicon,are you threatening me? better rethink you ***** statements.You don't have a clue who your messing with pee wee. You guys that support high fence operations are showing just what men you really are -OR aren't,Don't even think about threatning me until you know what you are dealing with:D HIGH FENCE OPERATIONS AND GUYS THAT RUN OPERATIONS TO SELL BIG BUCKS TO CLIENTS WILL BE ONE OF THE TOP REASONS WE LOSE OUR RIGHT TO HUNT ! THANKS ALOT. HIGH FENCE OPERATIONS SHOULD BE BANNED AND EVENTUALLY THEY WILL:D

PAY ATTENTION PET HUNTERS,HIGH FENCE OPERATIONS ARE TOTALL BS PERIOD !!!
Blow hard.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
AT LEAST YOU DON'T NEED ANY REST FOR YOUR HIGH FENCE HUNTS SO YOU CAN STAY UP ALL NIGHT AND MOUTH OFF TO EVERYONE! Hopefully soon you will be gone from this sight

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Those comments were intended directly for you DT no one else, What is really funny is all you can say is eat me!! What a pathetic old man. You give hunting a bad name and you profit off of hunts that will not much longer even be legal,JOKE is the word that comes to mind when I looked at your website.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
Just curious Chris. Have you ever been to Texas?

They are not blessed with the public land access that you and I have. I've never hunted on private land and the idea of paying someone to hunt on their property is totally foreign to me.

HOWEVER, I have spent considerable time in both Montana and Texas. Paying to hunt on someones ranch is commonplace in both states. I see nothing on Deertexas.com that promotes highfence hunts, albeit I'm sure there are a few. In my visits to Texas I could not believe the lack of public land. The ONLY way you get to hunt is own the ranch or lease rights to hunt on it. Deer Texas' site appears to make it easy to do and is a great idea.

I don't really have a side in this disagreement, but the record needs to be made clear that hunting in all parts of the country is EXTREMELY different.
Criticizing those that don't have public lands available is rediculous.

·
Registered
238 Posts
nwmthunter

You need to know more about a man before you start slandering him and the way he makes a living .

Now I have never met DT other than on this site but I have to belive he is honest .

This week he had posted a hunt for hogs and one doe for a reasonable price so I contacted him about it so I could take my son to kill his first deer .

You see my boy has been bow hunting with me sence he was 4 .

The draw back to that is that the places we hunt are bow hunt only so I would either have to make him weight till he was old enough to take one with a bow or take him some were he could shoot one with a gun .

DT could have took my money but he told me that there would be better deals and that the price was to much for just one doe .

I would love to live in the west and beable to hunt like you do but here we have to rely on honest people to set up hunts for us or set up leasing arangments because there just is not any good public land to hunt .

As far as the high fences look in your own back yard there are more and more high fence hunting places in montana every year.

But I think you know that right thats why you are pissed at texans .

·
Registered
246 Posts
Texas sounds like a nice guy and I don't think its right either to bash other styles of hunting. And I too am blessed(so far) with plenty of good farmland to hunt that either my cousin owns or others. You see I live in rural sw iowa and own a business(mechanics shop) in this town so I work on alot of farmers vehicles so they know me well plus they know my cousin and his dad who are nearing a century farm. So the last name opens alot of doors for me. I also understand that in alot of parts of the country land is being bought up by corporations and wealthy people. More and more farmland in this area is being posted every year with signs that say leased for hunting. Thankfully my cousin is an avid hunter(hes in wyoming or montana right now elk hunting) and his farm operation is succesful so I don't think he will start leasing all his land out to others or else as he told me where would he hunt. But it makes me nervous. And I will say this, as long as there is a decreasing lack of areas for the common man to hunt then guys like texas will be a godsend to people who want to hunt but have nowhere to go. However, Texas, just don't try to get to the point where money rules and you start trying to get rich from it. To me paying to hunt is bad enough when this is everyones land but if you are forced to do it at least you should only have to pay an honest fee. Cory

·
Registered
745 Posts
nwmthunter said:
matsicon,are you threatening me? better rethink you ***** statements.You don't have a clue who your messing with pee wee. You guys that support high fence operations are showing just what men you really are -OR aren't,Don't even think about threatning me until you know what you are dealing with:D HIGH FENCE OPERATIONS AND GUYS THAT RUN OPERATIONS TO SELL BIG BUCKS TO CLIENTS WILL BE ONE OF THE TOP REASONS WE LOSE OUR RIGHT TO HUNT ! THANKS ALOT. HIGH FENCE OPERATIONS SHOULD BE BANNED AND EVENTUALLY THEY WILL:D

PAY ATTENTION PET HUNTERS,HIGH FENCE OPERATIONS ARE TOTALL BS PERIOD !!!
Little boy, there is a saying "pride comes before a fall". Take your on advice!!!

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
matsicon,very interesting calling someone a little boy over the pc,change your diaper and go to bed pee on.I would love for you to say that in person coward. you really are mentally challenged aren't you.

·
Registered
745 Posts
man, you are a joke!!! get a life. you have no clue who you are talking with, and you are acting like you are about 7yrs old in the sand box. Try growing up a little!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
as I said before,sometimes the high fences aren't made to keep the animals in but to keep the unsesireables out.Also if it's private land it is kinda rediculous to tell a man he cant fence it.I own my own hunting land.It is not high fenced only because I can't afford to fence it.Not to keep the animals in but unwanted guests OUT and to be able to better manage the wildlife.It's kinda hard to manage when those around you don't.

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
AKDoug said:
Just curious Chris. Have you ever been to Texas?

They are not blessed with the public land access that you and I have. I've never hunted on private land and the idea of paying someone to hunt on their property is totally foreign to me.

HOWEVER, I have spent considerable time in both Montana and Texas. Paying to hunt on someones ranch is commonplace in both states. I see nothing on Deertexas.com that promotes highfence hunts, albeit I'm sure there are a few. In my visits to Texas I could not believe the lack of public land. The ONLY way you get to hunt is own the ranch or lease rights to hunt on it. Deer Texas' site appears to make it easy to do and is a great idea.

I don't really have a side in this disagreement, but the record needs to be made clear that hunting in all parts of the country is EXTREMELY different.
Criticizing those that don't have public lands available is rediculous.
Exactly. Of all the land in Texas that is available for hunting, 98% of it is privately owned. So if you're a hunter living in TX, whatayagonnado?

First, I'm not a landowner. I'm a hunter. Several years ago, I was looking for a new hunting lease and I was frustrated at the lack of lease information available. Lacking was a single source for CURRENT statewide lease information. Newspaper ads were often dead ends and Chamber of Commerce info was almost always outdated by the time it arrived. I decided to create a better way to search. After much trial and error, and after two years in the making, DeerTexas.com was born.

Landowners advertise their hunting leases with us for free, and hunters pay a small membership fee to access the statewide lease info. Some ranches advertised are high fenced. Most are not. My personal deer lease is not high fenced. However, I have hunted on ranches of both types. MY EXPERIENCE has been that animals on high fenced ranches are every bit as cunning and wary, if not more so, than their low fenced cousins. Be that as it may, we don't discriminate. If you've got a place to hunt in Texas and you need to advertise it, go to www.deertexas.com. Hunters can make up their own minds about whether they choose to hunt with you or not.

Texas has some of the best hunting opportunities in the country, if not the world. FYI - South Texas ranchers invented "game management." Not only have TX ranchers been instrumental in contributing to the current knowledge and understanding of the whitetail deer, they have been the saviors of many exotic species that are now endangered in their native lands. The Scimitar Horned Oryx is just one example of an "endangered species" now thriving in Texas. There are now more axis deer, fallow deer, blackbuck antelope, aoudad sheep... Hell, the list is almost endless. I'm quite proud of that fact.

People such as nwmthunter will always exist. Their ignorance and jealousy shine like a beacon to the rest of us. To those such folks, I say EAT ME.

To the rest of ya, come on down! You may not kill a 'muy grande' everytime, but we'll make sure ya have a good time and are treated with respect and courtesy. So y'all cmon! :)

241 - 260 of 287 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.