Archery Talk Forum banner

Loosing respect for Uncle Ted...

11695 286
As I am sitting here writting this, Ted's final song is ending on the Outdoor Channel....Very disappointing.:(
He just killed a nice axis buck from a blind. Awesome right.
Well, when he was starting to track the deer after a great shot, he stopped to talk to the camera (along with the two observers he had with him), as he was talking you could see a couple of deer about 20 yrds. behind him walking through the trees. He turned around and saw this, turned to the camera and said something like "We could do some stalking here as well". Well, you probably could since they looked tame enough to feed out of your hand!:mad:
Then when he got to the deer, he was talking to the camera again, and more deer went behind him about 50-75yrds.
I can understand, that hunting exotics here in the U.S. your going to be hunting fenced animals. I am right about this ain't I? But to tell you the truth, I would have rather seen him shoot a big old doe in a fair chase situation than shoot what probably was some kids pet that he raised for Ted to pay to shoot.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid, I know a lot of what you see on TV is in fenced areas, but I don't want to see them wondering around looking at you when go to get it with the camera!
Sorry guys, just had to vent...
Micah
261 - 280 of 287 Posts

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
JEFF/5575 said:
nwmthunter

You need to know more about a man before you start slandering him and the way he makes a living .

Now I have never met DT other than on this site but I have to belive he is honest .

This week he had posted a hunt for hogs and one doe for a reasonable price so I contacted him about it so I could take my son to kill his first deer .

You see my boy has been bow hunting with me sence he was 4 .

The draw back to that is that the places we hunt are bow hunt only so I would either have to make him weight till he was old enough to take one with a bow or take him some were he could shoot one with a gun .

DT could have took my money but he told me that there would be better deals and that the price was to much for just one doe .

I would love to live in the west and beable to hunt like you do but here we have to rely on honest people to set up hunts for us or set up leasing arangments because there just is not any good public land to hunt .

As far as the high fences look in your own back yard there are more and more high fence hunting places in montana every year.

But I think you know that right thats why you are pissed at texans .
Thanks, Jeff. I'll keep ya posted about a good inexpensive hunt for your boy. Lookin forward to sharing a campfire with ya.

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
cory said:
Texas sounds like a nice guy and I don't think its right either to bash other styles of hunting. And I too am blessed(so far) with plenty of good farmland to hunt that either my cousin owns or others. You see I live in rural sw iowa and own a business(mechanics shop) in this town so I work on alot of farmers vehicles so they know me well plus they know my cousin and his dad who are nearing a century farm. So the last name opens alot of doors for me. I also understand that in alot of parts of the country land is being bought up by corporations and wealthy people. More and more farmland in this area is being posted every year with signs that say leased for hunting. Thankfully my cousin is an avid hunter(hes in wyoming or montana right now elk hunting) and his farm operation is succesful so I don't think he will start leasing all his land out to others or else as he told me where would he hunt. But it makes me nervous. And I will say this, as long as there is a decreasing lack of areas for the common man to hunt then guys like texas will be a godsend to people who want to hunt but have nowhere to go. However, Texas, just don't try to get to the point where money rules and you start trying to get rich from it. To me paying to hunt is bad enough when this is everyones land but if you are forced to do it at least you should only have to pay an honest fee. Cory
My living is very humble and rather meager at times. Two of the lowest paid professions in Texas - school teacher & hunting outfitter. Regardless, thanks for the advice and your thoughts, Cory.

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
oldreloader said:
as I said before,sometimes the high fences aren't made to keep the animals in but to keep the unsesireables out.Also if it's private land it is kinda rediculous to tell a man he cant fence it.I own my own hunting land.It is not high fenced only because I can't afford to fence it.Not to keep the animals in but unwanted guests OUT and to be able to better manage the wildlife.It's kinda hard to manage when those around you don't.
Exactly. This is still Texas. As long as it's free, no man will dictate what another does on his own property in relationship to fences. The idea that land cannot be owned fell to the wayside with the disappearance of the Indians. Alas.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Yeh DT I live in Montana and I'm jealous of your hunting,now thats funny.I hope you are a honest guy,but judging by the fact that you constantly say EAT ME I have to wonder.I have 0 desire to hunt like you do in Texas and paying for hunting rights in Montana is far from the norm.I have never payed to hunt anyones property.Simply put I don't agree with selling hunts for animals that are in a controlled enviroment,it's not hunting.I see no more reason to waste my time arguing with someone who will never change and thats fine because I live here and I enjoy it for all it's worth.If it comes to a point that I have to pay someone to hunt there land,I will be through with hunting.Luckily in Montana there is countless acres of property that will be open for public hunting for many years.:)

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
You limit yourself by your narrow minded decisions.

I've hunted public and private land in CO and NM. I found that private land had more game in both instances. Ya get what ya pay for, I guess. Regardless of whether it's public or private, hunting costs money. It's undeniable and it's not ever gonna change. If you can adapt, you can expand your horizons. If not, well.....

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
When a individual high fences their property they are confining the game to a limited area which will only helps themselves in the long run,it's all about greed,You want to fence them in and have them all to yourself,so they are no longer wild.Again, I am so happy I live where I do,the hunting is fantastic for whitetails,mulies,bear,elk,moose,bighorn, and I can hunt all kinds of timber company land where there is just as much game as private:D And guess what folks I don't pay $2000 to harvest a buck !!!!!Take your hunting and keep it all for yourself,Enjoy. I need to get some rest I have lots of hunting to do the next couple of days:)

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
nwmthunter said:
When a individual high fences their property they are confining the game to a limited area which will only helps themselves in the long run,it's all about greed,You want to fence them in and have them all to yourself,so they are no longer wild.
That is so wrong and so ignorant. You'll never get it. Too bad.

Again, I am so happy I live where I do,the hunting is fantastic for whitetails,mulies,bear,elk,moose,bighorn, and I can hunt all kinds of timber company land where there is just as much game as private:D
Good for you. Guess what. I can hunt TX AND MT because I have an open mind. You can't. Whose loss? You decide. I know the answer.

And guess what folks I don't pay $2000 to harvest a buck !!!!!
You have no truck? Need no gasoline? No gun or bow? No ammo or arrows? Damn, you ARE good. :rolleyes:

Take your hunting and keep it all for yourself,Enjoy. I need to get some rest I have lots of hunting to do the next couple of days:)
Me too, yet I eat you not. Good hunting anyway.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
nwmthunter, like it or not, things change with time!

25 years ago, I remember making the statement after a trip to Texas that I would never pay for a place to hunt! No way, no how!

Good thing for me that crow ain`t so bad if you douse it with hot sauce!:D

Here it is....25 years down the road. Due to my endless love for big game hunting, I spend more for leasing prime hunting ground than most people make in a year.

Hey, I wish it weren`t so, but it is.

I agree with you that hunting in a pen is not hunting.

I don`t consider the fenced ranchs in Texas pen sized though.

·
Registered
745 Posts
you the little dweeb
go eat DT lol , you are one confused little sole.

nwmthunter,

Are you resorting to having to send PM's because you do not want everybody to know that you have a self-image problem? Maybe you are not completely comfortable with youself, and that is why you are having to do it? But, what every the reason you are still a LITTLE BOY. Try growing up a little bit!!!

As far as what you said about not paying to hunt. I was just like Big Country several years ago. I lived on my farm and my cousins farms were right next to it. We had about 1000ac that 5 of us hunted on. I could not understand why someone would spend countless amounts on money to go hunting, when I had it all right around me. Now that I moved I do not have easy access to hunting, so to be able to hunt you have to join a club, or lease the property yourself. Unfortunately, that is the nature of the beast in more places then not! All DT is doing is helping the ones that he can find hunts.

·
Just Do It.....
30,393 Posts
I always thought that Ted's shows were geared to him getting free stuff from the sponsers for showing it on tv. Especially the log cabin and the guns, but I could be wrong. To each his own.

marty

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Your hero Ted does more to disgust the non-hunting population in a one-hour show, than PETA is able to do in a month. THAT is not good for hunting.

The guy is a pathetic moron. He is a fast-talking, money-grubbing, egotistical fool.

FYI - I like rock-n-roll, and I love bowhunting. However, I resent that Ted Nugent has anything to do with either of them.
:wink: We have a winner here!

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Wow a six year old thread brought back from the dead just to bash Ted..
Not really to bash Ted. We had a bunch of threads deleted due to the argumentative nature of them last night, and for some reason we have a member trying to resurrect every old thread in the same category today?

I am honestly surprised the member is still here.......my guess is that most of the mods are trying to get a little time off because that is a rarity for them.:wink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
This thread was crazy. I am new to the forum and am not getting a good taste of this board. I'm a member of a volkswagen forum(classic/dunebuggy) and this would never fly there. The admins would shut it down. It is funny that we all share the same sport and have such different views/values. Lets put our differences aside and concentrate on preserving this sport and helping fellow archers.

Lets be blood brothers!!!!!(I had to throw that in there:smile:)

It boils down to this, If you don't want to watch "Spirit of the Wild" Don't. The remote is in your hands.

261 - 280 of 287 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.