281 - 287 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
things like this don't really fly hear this just got outta hand too quick

·
Registered
38 Posts
Micah, you don't have any reason to apologize bro. I have absolutely no desire to watch a canned hunt. It's shooting it is NOT hunting. Anybody can go out to a game farm a shoot an animal. If that's what your into great, good for you. But soon as I see that a show is a canned hunt, I turn it off.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I'm gonna chase down a Pronghorn on foot, wearing only a loincloth and using a fire sharpened stick....after all the ranch is only 90,000 acres.... I've turned over a new leaf this year.... I pledge to be an ETHICAL HUNTER....:D :p
90,000 acres isn't 90% of the high fence areas. Is it hard to hunt high fence? Not from what they show on the tube and that is what people are referring to. It's not like they're just spewing something someone else said, they've seen it.

I don't even watch tv and I've seen it.

Teds Ted, don't care for his attitude but it sells, so be it, just doesn't sell to me. Just another hunter with more opportunities than most. Wish him just as much well as any other hunter. No more no less. Guy wants to shot pigs in a barrel, if he's happy, so am I. Nothing wrong with it but I'd question any wild game that's fed by man. Is it getting the same stuff domestic animals are? I don't know but would think so. Be cheaper and easier to buy that steak from the store, but if he's happy so am I.

For all you high fence owners chiming in, you really need some schooling on how to sell a product. Insulting people might work some time but it never does with people like myself who have been dealing with the public for decades. Just witnessing rudeness on the part of a business toward the public turns me right off. Won't even bother looking in that direction again.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
aka. Bottle feeding fawns...raised in pens..bar coded tags in ears... releasing 1 week prior to hunt and the guide has a magnetic scanner to tell ya how much that shot just cost you.

Lived in Texas for 5 years...couldn't wait to leave

And they all talk like you..including Ted
You realize that you are talking to a man that was banned years ago?:D

BTW, your knowledge of Texas high fence operations is clearly incomplete.......but don`t let that stop you from a good rant.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
923 Posts
You realize that you are talking to a man that was banned years ago?:D

BTW, your knowledge of Texas high fence operations is clearly incomplete.......but don`t let that stop you from a good rant.:thumbs_up
:)

I know the different levels of High fence operations from the one above on a 100 acre HF farmette as worse case to King Ranch or 777 .
I was contacted by Hill County Co-Op to raise deer to sell to these operations as a way to earn money off my land. Still got the investment brochure :)

Like was said its 98% private lease land with Hunting Gear Mfg'rs and outfitters leasing up the land and sub'ing it out.

Like he said. Texas laid the framework for the profit hunting including the failed internet web cam on a rifle operation that went a BIT too far.

Read/Google about Uncle Ted's proclivity to shoot anything that moved and how some ranches dis-invited him.

Oh well...I got the heck outa Waco/Ft Worth primarily cause of culture even though my Parents and relatives are from West Texas.

Anyone want to buy my ranchette 11 acres in Hillsboro, Tx 76645.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I must say I think Ted is an idiot, but i also must say I am glad he is out there supporting hunting. We need more outspoken people fighting for our hunting rights. God only knows there are alot of out spoken people fighting against them.

Mark W

281 - 287 of 287 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.